BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 323 exhaust systems

Tags
323 systems
1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Nicole Peatson 
#1 ·
Hi, to start of im going to look into changing my completely standard exhaust system to something that sounds a little better, ive looked into a few makes like scorpian, miltek, but does anyone recommend a good brand, im not looking so spend huge amounts just something decent and that will give it a bit more of a grunt but also not too loud!?
Reviews would be great thanks :)

#4 ·
I had a vortex eco-flo system fitted to my 318is:

Vortex UK Performance Stainless Steel Exhausts, Catalytic & Silencers

It does give you a performance gain you can really notice - the bigger the engine the better. Fuel economy has improved slightly too. Noise is not too much more than standard, but you know its on there when you boot it IYSWIM.

Cost is about £500-600, for that you get a custom made stainless cat back system, with the vortex unit in the middle and a rear silencer. You can choose what tail pipe shape / size you want as well.

Their HQ is in Grays Essex but they have fitting franchises around the country. Give Natalie a ring at HQ, she will give you some good advice :thumbsup

Edit to say they can offer sports cats as well, but its fine with the standard cat.

#5 ·
I might as well reply to this as well as it's the only questions I seem to ask on this forum, and think I now know the 323 exhaust system like the back of my hand!
If you want to change the whole system you will need a 328 cat, then 328/M3/after market back box. From this you will get slight gains a bit of noise, from the restrictive single pipe to a twin pipe.
If you just want a little bit more noise you could go for an after market 328 backbox (I currently have a scorpion backbox on mine with a K&N induction kit), this will sound lovely and you might get a tiny bit of HP from this.

Drop me a PM if you need any more and I will see if I can help.
Also are you thinking of changing this your self, or getting it done at a shop?

Tralph

#6 ·
hi guys thanks for the replies, 328 system sounds good, and with a sports cat will proberly looking into doing that :) and luckily my bf is a mechanic so he will be able to fit it for me

Nicci

oh yeh and tralph were about are u in Gloucestershire? im in chelt but havnt heard of you before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.