Model of Car:
    325 tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    well, i started out with my first car an e36 316i compact, as a new driver, i wanted to go faster simple as that, there are probably people in my shoes back then thats why i made this post. Firstly, the best thing to do is forget it, you will spend to much getting to little, by all means if your mechanically minded like me and want to have a go, why not? but what i done is i got used to owning a bmw rear wheel drive etc and how they were, 316i's are a great first car, believe me you can still have fun in them, better than a saxo any way i got some no claims bonus and bought a 325 tds, tell you what best thing ive ever done, now i think i have a nice car to start modding, this may seem a pointless thread but just want to give newbees a bit of advice before they waste too much money like i was going to, anyway, thought i would get this of my chest

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m43ell For This Useful Post:

jamietee (28-03-2011),steve23002 (28-03-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m43ell View Post
    well, i started out with my first car an e36 316i compact, as a new driver, i wanted to go faster simple as that, there are probably people in my shoes back then thats why i made this post. Firstly, the best thing to do is forget it, you will spend to much getting to little, by all means if your mechanically minded like me and want to have a go, why not? but what i done is i got used to owning a bmw rear wheel drive etc and how they were, 316i's are a great first car, believe me you can still have fun in them, better than a saxo any way i got some no claims bonus and bought a 325 tds, tell you what best thing ive ever done, now i think i have a nice car to start modding, this may seem a pointless thread but just want to give newbees a bit of advice before they waste too much money like i was going to, anyway, thought i would get this of my chest
    Good post. At least you realised what you did. There is no point doing a lot to the 316 as there are no real gains to be had.
    I have owned a couple in the past and really liked them, they are not the fastest thing on the road but still pull ok and they drive really smooth....
    I have know people to spend 1000's on trying to make them go faster and they have had hardly any gains from the money...

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    stevo7790's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    I agree somewhat as a 316i owner myself... however there always the option to change the engine, especially if your going to keep the car.
    Personally I have spent a lot of time and money on mine, not for the speed but getting it looking nice, making the car my own.
    If in a years time I'm thinking I'd like a bit more oomph I'll stick a different lump in it
    1995 BMW 316i Compact

E36 Sport part leather interior
    18" Toora Alloy Wheels
    M3 style body kit and rear spoiler
    Custom stainless steel twin exhaust
    Angel Eyes

BFUK Nightshift Crew member