BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Dragon performance chip

Tags
chip dragon
6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TheEnd 
#1 · (Edited)
330d 2001 e46 performance chip

Hi everyone im new to the bmw scene. I know of someone selling a performance chip from a 2004 e46 330d 204bhp. Does anyone know if this would still work on my 2001 e46 330d 184 bhp? He says you just keep increasing the setting until the car smokes and then back it off slightly. Apparently this could get my car up to 210 bhp but im not sure and could do with some guidance. Any help appreciated

#7 ·
if the 2 connectors fit your loom and let you piggy back it inline??
then why not try it??
if its the same as all other dragon boxes ive seen,simply start off with the little "jumper" switch in the middle setting
if it throughs up no faults and goes like f++k then try stepping up one notch and test it again etc etc
if it goes to limp,dont panic,reduce setting,switch car on and off then retry
i couldnt say for defo if it fits or not,but if it was me i would try it and find out

#13 ·
Which sensors did yours plug in to in order to achieve that? I've only seen one Dragon tuning box, and that plugged in line with the fuel pressure sensor and so could only affect the fuel pressure. Does yours connect to each individual injector or does it piggyback the ecu at the start of the loom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.