Hi, this is my first post on this great forum. I predominantly build custom performance turbos for Toyota diesel engines in Australia. So as a bit of a break and some fun I managed to get hold of an e46 330d manual. They never came here (Australia) so was quite a find and is in good condition. Runs sweet except some boost bounce with vnt control.
Anyway, the mods are beginning. I have fitted or in the process of getting:
* the early 535d injector nozzles (not bought)
* fitting a later spec 1600Bar CP3 common rail pump (I bought it hoping it fits in place of the CP1 - anyone know if it will?). Seemed like a good idea at the the time.
* custom liquid to air intercooler (in case vnt doesn't offer wide enough power band for the track racing I intend to use it for and I need to go compound turbo with interstage cooling). Else, I prefer air to air (in the plans stage)
* brass button clutch from UK supplier, stage 3 or something.... (Bought, received, not installed)
* 19" alloys with 245 on front and 265 on rear. Fitted and NO RUBBING. Will be fitting semi slicks once power is good.
* suspension at some stage, its out of my area so need experienced input here (not bought)
* Upgrading thrust bearing, comp wheel, turbine and custom vnt vanes/ring that I designed and built to suit from my Toyota 1VD-FTV custom 4.5 Diesel V8. Should provide 40+psi at 3000rpm and above. (not built, might do two different upgrades to try one with 49mm turbine exducer and another with 52mm exducer).
* 3.5-4" turbo dump to twin 2.5" system. I bought an M3 look alike rear bumper to allow the quad exhaust tip exit (for looks) but am rethinking this and might go with dual large oval tail pipe using modded std rear bumper. I am after some show to go with the go.....
* brakes - want to fit 380mm rotors front and rear, looking for options that aren't stupid in price.
A few other things too. Anyway, I want to have some tarmac fun. Don't want to win anything, I simply want to outpace some petrols and surprise the heck out of them :-)
Cheers for any replies that are contructive and educated.
I also need someone who has the ability of remapping the engine file - I had a friend remove file from ecu, so I can email it and pay for mapping.
Anyone know what pressure the factory MAP sensor reads to? I want ecu to control it to 4 bar absolute pressure if possible. If not, Ill fit a Unichip.
Also, this will be a very low/no smoke car at this power level. Smoke is not an option and I'm not aiming to melt piston crows either.
Water/ethanol mix is also a possibility as a last resort for power/EGT control