Coilover options and reviews - Page 6

Notices
 

Thread: Coilover options and reviews

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 105
  1.  
    #51
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    pangster's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F20 M135i LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2016
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    pangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLoCollinsy
    When i do replace my coilovers, which i'm planning to do sooner rather than later, i will be getting these http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/rm-series-coilovers.asp
    I called BC Racing last night and spoke to Kev - very nice, knowledgeable chap and managed to answer all my questions.. customer service seemed to be spot on - although can't vouch for their products! LOL! - he did mention that they're currently redoing their website and the new one should be live in the next couple of weeks so will probably have a lot more of the kit details available for other cars..

    for completeness sake and as it isn't on their website (yet)... the Z3 coilover kit they have started doing is £649 + £9.20 carriage (so comparable with the FK Silverlines - although these are damping adjustable and come with pillowball topmounts).

    The Z3 BR BC Racing Coilover Kit includes:

    4x damping adjustable shock absorbers
    2x Camber adjustable front pillowball top mounts
    2x bottom mounts
    2x lower locking collars
    2x spring platform locking collars
    2x spring platforms
    4x spring insulators
    2x upper spring platforms
    4x coil springs
    4x damping adjuster knobs

    the spring rates are also 6kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear (and I think they're linear.. I forgot to ask to be honest!) - Kev did mention that in this version that the back sat a little higher than he would have liked (even with the spring platform removed!) and this might be getting reviewed at some point in the future..

    hope this is of some use to people!

    * 2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20): current
    * 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200d AMG Line (X156): current
     
     

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

    steve23002 (18-02-2010)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  4.  
    #52
    BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    steve23002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Buckingham
    Posts
    11,712
    Thanks
    8,589
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbenstrikes View Post
    I wouldnt mind fixed height as long as it sat just right...

    Im not that silly to buy things without ardeous research dont you worry steve..

    As lilo says the hot tuning are a bitty hard and i live in scotland where the roads arent very good to say the least..

    Dont suppose you would know roughly how much the eibach and bilstien dampers would equate to? And how much difference would this be compared to say eibach springs on the standard shocks??

    Any decent websites you know of??

    Thanks by the way guys..
    This place do Eibach springs and they do OE Bilstien dampers and the uprated dampers as well....http://www.europerformance.co.uk/

    I fitted Eibach springs and the Bilstien OE dampers to my dads Merc, and what an improvement. The car is not harsh at all, but much less boat like than it was before....
     
     

  5.  
    #53
    BFuk Resident Design Guru
    Car Details
    Bigbenstrikes's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    1991
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Bigbenstrikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Inverness
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    1,344
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve23002 View Post
    This place do Eibach springs and they do OE Bilstien dampers and the uprated dampers as well....http://www.europerformance.co.uk/

    I fitted Eibach springs and the Bilstien OE dampers to my dads Merc, and what an improvement. The car is not harsh at all, but much less boat like than it was before....
    Hey steve,

    Had a look at what you said... well i got a wee shopping list... This seem ok to you? Thought ide go for the eibach sportlines as they lower the front a bit more than pro's... will i be needing shorter drop links if i get these?? It says it loweres 30-35mm at the front.. only thing is after all that its near 500 buck... could get coilovers for that...? really want dampening adjustable ones though but i cant seem to find some for under £1000...

     
     

  6.  
    #54
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    pangster's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F20 M135i LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2016
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    pangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 885 Posts
    My FK Silverline Plus coilovers arrived today (I missed them yesterday):



    Overall very pleased with them - they seem to be very good quality!! - I also just realised that the back springs also have clear anti clatter/chatter strips in them as well (you can probably make it out from the last pic?) - a bit of an added bonus as I've had lowering springs before which never had this and they could (on occasion) clatter.. just need to get them fitted now - although will probably wait until the new wheels, strut brace and suspension bushes arrive and get them done all at the same time!

    * 2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20): current
    * 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200d AMG Line (X156): current
     
     

  7.  
    #55
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    jamiewright1990's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    kirkby
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 100 Times in 95 Posts
    they look smart mate, how much by the way? make sure you get some pics up
     
     

  8.  
    #56
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    pangster's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F20 M135i LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2016
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    pangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiewright1990 View Post
    they look smart mate, how much by the way? make sure you get some pics up
    thanks!! - they were about £630 (including delivery) - I got them from Venom Motorsport:

    http://www.venommotorsport.com/shop_...ory=suspension


    * 2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20): current
    * 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200d AMG Line (X156): current
     
     

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to pangster For This Useful Post:

    jamiewright1990 (25-02-2010)

  10.  
    #57
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    pangster's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F20 M135i LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2016
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    pangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 885 Posts
    I've been finalising the list of the remaining parts I need for my suspension overhaul and have come up with the following list:

    SUSPENSION FRONT:
    E-Tech front upper strut brace (x1)
    MEYLE Heavy Duty control arm/wishbones (x2)
    BMW OEM M3 front strut reinforcement plates (31312489795) (x2)
    BMW OEM front shock mount gaskets (31331094288) (x2)
    BMW OEM front shock mounts (31336779613) (x2)
    POWERFLEX front lower control arm/wishbone rear (PFF5-301)
    POWERFLEX front ARB mounting 24mm??? (PFF5-310-25)

    SUSPENSION REAR:
    MEYLE Heavy Duty rear shock mounts (x2)
    BMW OEM rear shock reinforcement plates (51718413359) (x2)
    BMW OEM rear shock mount gaskets (33526772864) (x2)
    POWERFLEX rear trailing arm bush
    POWERFLEX rear ARB bush 15mm??? (PFF5-3605-15)

    I need to confirm the sizes of the front and rear ARB - but the sizes stated above are based on RealOEM so should be accurate.. I'm currently waiting on shipping quotes coming back for some of the parts..

    I've decided to go with stock top mounts at the minute.. if I get a chance to track the car more than what I'm expecting them I might switch to camber plates/strut hats in the future.. although hopefully the above coupled with my FK coilovers should give me a good balance at the moment..

    * 2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20): current
    * 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200d AMG Line (X156): current
     
     

  11.  
    #58
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    rearwheelsteer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bham
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is everyone just assuming the jamex coilovers wont be up to scratch because of theyre price tag or becuase theyve had them fitted and can confirm they are inferior quality?
     
     

  12.  
    #59
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    pangster's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F20 M135i LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2016
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    pangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pangster View Post
    I've been finalising the list of the remaining parts I need for my suspension overhaul and have come up with the following list:

    SUSPENSION FRONT:
    E-Tech front upper strut brace (x1)
    MEYLE Heavy Duty control arm/wishbones (x2)
    BMW OEM M3 front strut reinforcement plates (31312489795) (x2)
    BMW OEM front shock mount gaskets (31331094288) (x2)
    BMW OEM front shock mounts (31336779613) (x2)
    POWERFLEX front lower control arm/wishbone rear (PFF5-301)
    POWERFLEX front ARB mounting 24mm??? (PFF5-310-25)

    SUSPENSION REAR:
    MEYLE Heavy Duty rear shock mounts (x2)
    BMW OEM rear shock reinforcement plates (51718413359) (x2)
    BMW OEM rear shock mount gaskets (33526772864) (x2)
    POWERFLEX rear trailing arm bush
    POWERFLEX rear ARB bush 15mm??? (PFF5-3605-15)

    I need to confirm the sizes of the front and rear ARB - but the sizes stated above are based on RealOEM so should be accurate.. I'm currently waiting on shipping quotes coming back for some of the parts..

    I've decided to go with stock top mounts at the minute.. if I get a chance to track the car more than what I'm expecting them I might switch to camber plates/strut hats in the future.. although hopefully the above coupled with my FK coilovers should give me a good balance at the moment..
    just got a knock on the door - my neighbour took in my E-Tech strut brace when I was out at work today!:



    One more thing ticked off the list!

    * 2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20): current
    * 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200d AMG Line (X156): current
     
     

  13.  
    #60
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    pangster's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    F20 M135i LCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2016
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    pangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    1,911
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 885 Posts
    strut brace now fitted! - some pics...

    BEFORE:


    AFTER:


    Very happy with it!!

    * 2016 BMW M135i LCI (F20): current
    * 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA 200d AMG Line (X156): current
     
     

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts