BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

can plug and play piggy back remapper live up to promises?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  TheEnd 
#1 ·
So iv seen this plug and play remapper on fleabay ;
OBDII Soft ReMAP High Performance / HHO EFIE / 18% Fuel SaverChip BMW E46 | eBay
Now its got me thinking, is this another scam promising fuel efficiency and more power for my money and delivering nothing or could this be a worthwhile investment?

Im wondering if anyone on here has come across this or a similar product that could give me any advise.

Im think someone will confirm my fear that its a load of rubbish but theres still a glimmer of hope..... lol

#3 ·
Wow as helpful as a chocolate fire guard!! Haha
Im guessing its a load of rubbish then. Iv heard of piggy back remappers before it appears theyre non permanent remaps. Or is this just more rubbish??
As your a vendor can you advise me on anything to help with my 318? I put a cat back stainless exhaust on and an induction kit and my mpg dropped :(

#6 ·
Thanks. I did think it was too good to be true but thought it worth an ask none the less.

The compacts 140bhp. Is there any remapping options available to me?

#7 ·
There is an option, but it can be fairly complex. The ECU would need to be removed and opened up, rather than through the diagnostic port, but certainly it can be done.
Roughly 10-12bhp and a sportier response, priced at £225 + travel if needed.
It'd probably take about 2 hours plus to do too, so it would need a clear window of a few hours for bits and pieces.

#9 ·
its the N42 engine so i guess ill have to do what The end is saying and get the ecu taken out and opened up.
Ill have to arrange something with you later on The End. My cars still in the bodywork shop at the moment, not expecting it back for a few weeks.
What sort of travel costs do you charge? or could i come visit you in Birmingham? could kill two birds with one stone and take the mrs shopping whilst you work on the car :hihi

#13 ·
that sounds reasonable to come to me! coming up to birmingham would be THE most expensive option, shopping bills, diner out and i know shell want to stay in a hotel...... JEEEEZ iv just talked myself out of that one!!haha thats good to know. when i get the car back ill be in touch, most likely be in the new year. Thanks for your help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.