BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Which BW tune map? - E46 330ci

Tags
bw map tune
9K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  bwchiptune 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've got my car booked in for a remap but I seem to have an option of a full on aggressive map, or a general improvement map.

Does anyone have experience with both and was it noticeable? Whats the difference in BHP and torque?

With the aggressive map are any components liable to fail due to the extra strain? Clutch be ok?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Hi mate,

I've experienced both. If you are concerned about fuel efficiency, then take the general map. This increases your mpg and gives you more torque and power. However, if you are mainly looking to improve performance, take the aggressive map, as it has a big effect on performance. The car because much more sporty, and even the sound is different, but as it is fully tuned for performance you lose about 3mpg on the average. There wouldn't be any noticeable strain on components, are least not on mine, as it is not a turbo boost or anything. If you don't care about economy, just take the aggressive map, you wont be disappointed.

#3 ·
If you want to have both of the types of Remaps we can do on your car

Then I can supply you with our BW switch Flasher which will hold both Remaps for you to flash when you want

So you can have the aggressive remap for track days or weekends and the power and mpg remap for driving long distances or to work in the week

You will be looking at £150 on top for the Flasher if you are booked in for our remap deal

#4 ·
Dammit that's another option!

How easy is it to switch? Will the ecu still need time to adapt after each change?

Surely can't be good switching regularly?

Is the mpg between the two that much different when driving conservatively?

Thank you very much for your help!

#14 ·
View attachment 44551

Here another 330ci we remapped the other day

Hi, mine was the one along with the 335ci a couple of weeks ago. Been meaning to do a write up.

Text Line Font Subcompact car

I am thinking about getting my 330 convertible re-mapped to about 246bhp and an additional 25nm of torque...... Would I really feel the difference?? Am hoping for fuel economy to be improved too?
You cant just specify you want x amount of power and +x amount of torque (unless of course this is less than the max they can give you). What I can tell you is BWtune do a fantastic job and are very knowledgeable. I learned so much about my car on that day. They will get the best out of your car and its very good value for money. I can certainly notice a difference from before the remap.

#19 ·
2004 VW Passat 1.9tdi 100 bhp extra 35-45bhp extra 50ft of torque remap£295

2005 Ford Focus 1.8tdci 115bhp extra 35-40bhp 45-50ft remap£295

2002 BMW 330 ci Sport 229bhp extra 15-20bhp 20-25nm of torque remap£295

Yes we can test before and after the remap on your rolling road with printout
This would be at extra cost £65 per car

If you want to see some dyno graphs of these cars I will have to down load from the dyno and post here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.