any simple cheap and easy ideas for getting more bhp from my 95 325i e36 se

Notices
 

Thread: any simple cheap and easy ideas for getting more bhp from my 95 325i e36 se

Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. any simple cheap and easy ideas for getting more bhp from my 95 325i e36 se 
    #1
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    D3f1anCE's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    manuel
    Car Body Type:
    sallon

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    folkestone kent uk
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas for increasing the performance from a 95 325i e36? have had the car a couple of months now and and its starting to drive like my old 1.8 406 (power wise) and seems nowhere near the 193 bhp the manual states it should be.please not to much tech talk as im not a mechaninc lol
    cheers
    kriss
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    diponio1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    diponio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 160 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D3f1anCE View Post
    hi was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas for increasing the performance from a 95 325i e36? have had the car a couple of months now and and its starting to drive like my old 1.8 406 (power wise) and seems nowhere near the 193 bhp the manual states it should be.please not to much tech talk as im not a mechaninc lol
    cheers
    kriss
    is the power down or are you just used to the car?
     

  4.  
    #3
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    2009
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Appleby Magna, Derbyshire
    Posts
    6,636
    Thanks
    5,139
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,697 Posts
    Kriss,

    Please familiarise yourself with the posting rules.

    Can you edit your thread title to start;

    YEAR / E36 / MODEL - SUBJECT

    Many thanks
    2013, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, PDK, Sports Exhaust, Chrono, etc, etc

    *removed

    BFUK weekday crew

    PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES
     

  5. powwwweeeerrrr 
    #4
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    D3f1anCE's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    manuel
    Car Body Type:
    sallon

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    folkestone kent uk
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe it is that im just used to the car now,but since i've had it, its been in a minor front ender,the fuel pump has had to be changed and the instrument cluster went kaput, and it keeps haveing problems with the brake light circuit and coolant levels, even thou after checking these, all is fine?!?!?
     

  6.  
    #5
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    diponio1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    diponio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 160 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D3f1anCE View Post
    maybe it is that im just used to the car now,but since i've had it, its been in a minor front ender,the fuel pump has had to be changed and the instrument cluster went kaput, and it keeps haveing problems with the brake light circuit and coolant levels, even thou after checking these, all is fine?!?!?
    ive got the 318is (140bhp) and a cbr 600 after going out on the bike the car feels soooo slow
    might be worth looking over the electrics to see if you have a short or broken wire if the brake lights arnt right, as for the water have you changed the rad cap as they tend to go?
     

  7.  
    #6
    RYM
    RYM is offline
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    RYM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    12,959
    Thanks
    5,540
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark@vorny.co.uk View Post
    Kriss,

    Please familiarise yourself with the posting rules.

    Can you edit your thread title to start;

    YEAR / E36 / MODEL - SUBJECT

    Many thanks
    As above

    Can you edit your thread title to start;
     

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to RYM For This Useful Post:

    mark@vorny.co.uk (06-01-2010)

  9.  
    #7
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    D3f1anCE's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i se
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    manuel
    Car Body Type:
    sallon

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    folkestone kent uk
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no i havent changed that, might have to look into changing the rad cap them to see if that makes any difference to that particluar problem
     

  10.  
    #8
    Bimmer Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1,817
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Thread closed and soon to be deleted...read posting rules about thread titles as mentioned by my fellow moderators.
     

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

    D3f1anCE (09-01-2010),mark@vorny.co.uk (06-01-2010)

Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts