Model of Car:
    316SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Active exhaust systems; a butterfly valve that is built into the exhaust pipe that opens via a switch in the cabin or by electronic controller.

Basic explanation of what it is! Lamborghini's and such cars use them to pass the decibel laws in the UK as a Lambo on full chat would be seriously loud.

I was just wondering if anyone on here would be interested in such a system?

I don't have any for sale or anything, I am though, on the other hand, trying to build a list of who would be interested in such a system. As we have been offered to become a distributer for a company that makes such items but I personally don't believe the market is here in the UK for it.

Sizes start from 2 and a half inch piping and go all the way up to 5". Anyone wanting 2" (like mine) will need to have a custom one made - but I told the company that a lot of custom systems here are between 2" and 3" unless turbo charged so it won't be much more expensive - if at all!

I'm still waiting on prices but for the moment am just seeing if there would be a market for such a thing in this country. As in California they have very strict audio laws. We don't but the laws do exist.

The reason I'm getting one because at low RPM the car is still loud; annoying on long journeys and I'm sure other people feel the same about their cars - this set up will flip wide-open once you move up the RPM range to let total flow.

Overall this is just an enquiry to see if there ris a market in the UK for this kind of system and if anyone would be interested in such a thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo, E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,727 Posts
    Presumably you do realise that some BMW's have these as standard?

It would have been polite if you had ran this thread past the moderating team before posting as well.

Ian

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    SaintGrimm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Presumably you do realise that some BMW's have these as standard?

It would have been polite if you had ran this thread past the moderating team before posting as well.

Ian
    I didn't realise that some had them as standard! Will have to find out which models and enquire at my local scrapyard, would be good to have a finished version to experiment with.

And apologies about the moderating team, if you feel I've broken some rule then you are well within your right to remove this thread.