BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

535d Tuning sequance.

19K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  535D M Sport 
#1 ·
Hi, I have an E60 535d.

Just wondering what mods are available and in what order people think is best.
Also if anyone can recommend companies/parts.

Based in Yorkshire.

Cheers!!!

#2 ·
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Your first port of call should be a full service and check ALL vacuum hoses and boost hoses. See a lot of perforated vac hoses. Clean the EGR valve and check the oil breather filter is OK.
Then check/replace brakes if needed.
Then your ready for a remap. The 535d responds so well! You'll be looking at 340bhp and 680Nm ish.
If you're after more, then it's intercooler, exhaust upgrade (dpf gutted), injectors, hybrid turbo and dyno and remapping time again.

#5 ·
Screen Electronics Electronic device Technology Text

This is a 535d we that we removed the Dpf and custom remapped on the dyno
The car went from 275bhp to 380bhp no other mods where fitted

Screen Electronics Electronic device Technology Display device

Here's another 335d we did that made 370bhp

Electronics Screen Text Technology Electronic device

Here's another that we did made 362bhp and is neck n neck with a e90 m3 up to 115mph

Screen Text Electronics Technology Electronic device

Did this 335d the other week
Customer came into me asking if his car should smoke like this after he had a Dpf removal and remap by a company in Slough
I took it out for a test drive and could not see the cars behind me that's how bad it was
I Dynoed it and it made 304bhp with heavy smoke
I 1st fixed there the other tuning company's remap which then made 332bhp
The customer then asked if I could tune it my way as he wanted as he wanted a safe amount of power with no smoke
Ended up with 362bhp

You don't need to change much on these 535d to make loads of power
What is needed is for the car to be tuned correctly or these will smoke heavily
Standard 272bhp with only a remap will see 330bhp 680-700nm or remove the Dpf and see 360-370bhp
286bhp with only a remap will 345bhp 700-720nm or remove the Dpf for 270-280 Bhp

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
View attachment 75601
This is a 535d we that we removed the Dpf and custom remapped on the dyno
The car went from 275bhp to 380bhp no other mods where fitted

View attachment 75609
Here's another 335d we did that made 370bhp

View attachment 75617
Here's another that we did made 362bhp and is neck n neck with a e90 m3 up to 115mph

View attachment 75625
Did this 335d the other week
Customer came into me asking if his car should smoke like this after he had a Dpf removal and remap by a company in Slough
I took it out for a test drive and could not see the cars behind me that's how bad it was
I Dynoed it and it made 304bhp with heavy smoke
I 1st fixed there the other tuning company's remap which then made 332bhp
The customer then asked if I could tune it my way as he wanted as he wanted a safe amount of power with no smoke
Ended up with 362bhp

You don't need to change much on these 535d to make loads of power
What is needed is for the car to be tuned correctly or these will smoke heavily
Standard 272bhp with only a remap will see 330bhp 680-700nm or remove the Dpf and see 360-370bhp
286bhp with only a remap will 345bhp 700-720nm or remove the Dpf for 270-280 Bhp

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
got to getting really close to going SUB 5 secs to 60 with that H.P.
( or sub 6.5secs in Gold's world lol):jaw-dropping

#8 ·
if u read his comments one said stay with a m3 up to 115mph m3 is sub 6s 0-60 and 5 series 6.4s 0-60 so even with a remap im not sure where your getting sub 5s from but to be fair its just splitting hairs as they say ou aint gonna notice 0.5s or so difference even if your right,anyway not here for an arguement have a nice day

I forgot u have the fastest 535d in the world next you will be telling people it will out run m5's...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.