535d Torque

Notices
 

Thread: 535d Torque

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. 535d Torque 
    #1
    Banned
    Car Details
    jimbo75's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    panda
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Radstock,bath
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 51 Posts
    Right I am not that clued up when it come to Torque on cars, right my question is i've had my 535d remapped and apparently i've now got 500ft of Torque, can someone please explain what this Torque is all this about and what it actually mean..

    Thanks
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #2
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Norm4n's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Evo 8MR
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have answered your own question by paying for a re-map in the first place, more torque means more oomph, which makes for a faster car

    Who did your re-map and how does it compare before / after?
    E92 335d M Sport
     
     

  4.  
    #3
    Banned
    Car Details
    jimbo75's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    panda
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Radstock,bath
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4n View Post
    You have answered your own question by paying for a re-map in the first place, more torque means more oomph, which makes for a faster car

    Who did your re-map and how does it compare before / after?
    Well basically had my old e46 csl remapped from elite remaps from up north somewhere 3 years ago, and couldn't really feel no difference, but 2 weeks ago purchased a 535d and decided on a remap not as if it needed it but thought what the hell, had a chap from Angel Tuning, He turned up and checked all the car first and was playing about with it for a bout 3 hours unlike Elite remaps who were here for half hour with my old car,so then went for a spin with after the remap and all I can say was it was pretty quick b4, but this is now faster than my old csl so was very very impressed...
     
     

  5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6.  
    #4
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Norm4n's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Evo 8MR
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm toying with the idea of getting emaps to do my 335d, the only thing worrying me is the strength of the auto box.

    That said, i'm still going to go ahead with it!

    500+ torques sounds good to me....
    E92 335d M Sport
     
     

  7.  
    #5
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    celica's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Golf
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    DSG
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    torque is pulling power hence measured in newtons or lb/ft.
    bhp is how fast it can use it.

    what year have you got pre or post lci?
    only asking as pre lci has a weaker/ lower rated gearbox hence apparently take a lower loading on torque.

    one reason why the 35d never came in manual as gearbox couldn't handle the power.

    was it a custom map?

    that's all i know really. but if you had a remap csl and now a 535d, and don't know the ins and out, the question is does it feel stronger and bigger grin ;-)
     
     

  8.  
    #6
    Banned
    Car Details
    jimbo75's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    panda
    Year of Manufacture:
    1988
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Radstock,bath
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celica View Post
    torque is pulling power hence measured in newtons or lb/ft.
    bhp is how fast it can use it.

    what year have you got pre or post lci?
    only asking as pre lci has a weaker/ lower rated gearbox hence apparently take a lower loading on torque.

    one reason why the 35d never came in manual as gearbox couldn't handle the power.

    was it a custom map?

    that's all i know really. but if you had a remap csl and now a 535d, and don't know the ins and out, the question is does it feel stronger and bigger grin ;-)
    Just drive nicer and I almost feel a bit posh in it lol, but in my csl felt to much like a boy racer and in your face if you know what I mean..
     
     

  9.  
    #7
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, Kent
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 214 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4n View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of getting emaps to do my 335d, the only thing worrying me is the strength of the auto box.

    That said, i'm still going to go ahead with it!

    500+ torques sounds good to me....
    Sorry to jump the thread here but if your interested in a remap then give me a shout on 07738 236577. I've done many 35D's now and none have suffered any problems even 2 years and X amount of miles later!
     
     

  10.  
    #8
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Norm4n's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Evo 8MR
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by APtuning View Post
    Sorry to jump the thread here but if your interested in a remap then give me a shout on 07738 236577. I've done many 35D's now and none have suffered any problems even 2 years and X amount of miles later!

    Hi where are you based and what's your charge?

    Is this a bespoke mapping session or one of those generic ECU uploads?

    Thanks
    E92 335d M Sport
     
     

  11.  
    #9
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, Kent
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 214 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4n View Post
    Hi where are you based and what's your charge?

    Is this a bespoke mapping session or one of those generic ECU uploads?

    Thanks
    I'll PM you
     
     

  12.  
    #10
    Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    Emaps's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    ST 2.2TDCI
    Year of Manufacture:
    2006
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatch

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 72 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm4n View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of getting emaps to do my 335d, the only thing worrying me is the strength of the auto box.

    That said, i'm still going to go ahead with it!

    500+ torques sounds good to me....
    I did my very first one back in 2006 and that car with over 100k is still going fine.

    The biggest test is the Nurburgring where many of my customers over the years have raced their car round with no issues.

    I'm regularly in London, drop me a email or pm if you want and have a look at the independent dyno plot below with the power at the wheels which equates to 340-350bhp and 700nm of torque. Top speed limiter is also removed (174mph GPS verified) and 0-60mph under 5 seconds

    Engine Remapping and Chip Tuning

    www.e-maps.co.uk

    Tel: 01543 360377
    Tel: 07973 553549
     
     

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts