Ibiza TDi
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Hi there guys,
    My name is Adam and I am new to this forum but have been active on the Turbocharger scene for coming on 10 years now. I have started my own little business overhauling and upgrading turbos, with particular interest in TDi stuff. I have access to 2 turbo specific machine shops near me, and have all my turbos high speed VSR balanced and provide the certificate to prove it. I have been working on a VAG project where I have had some compressor wheels made exclusively to my own design. They are the largest available on the market which are a direct fit onto the GT22 shaft, and would be ideal for a BMW 3 litre upgrade. (Turns out they are a little TOO much of an upgrade for a 2 litre 4 pot...).
    What I am looking for is someone with a tuned 3.0 BMW diesel looking to take the next step. I am offering an exceptional deal price wise on the upgrade of your turbocharger (provided it is in GOOD working order - I can not bring the dead back to life) or a brand new one upgraded, in return for access to the tuner and dyno plots for before and after fitment and remapping. I will then use the achieved BHP results to aid my marketing. This offer is for the 1st one only however...
    I am happy to arrange this through Ebay/paypal so you will get the benefit of my 100% feedback stretching back over 5 years as security, and a VAT invoice will be included so anyone in the trade can claim their VAT back.
    Please PM me if you are interested, but only serious enquiries please. Once testing is completed I will be able to offer these upgrades at great prices to forum members.
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...s/IMG_1720.jpg
    My wheel is the one on the right, using extended tip technology and a 2010 design. The one on the left is the same as your 3.0D item. Cheers, Adam @ TDi Turbos

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Jonny Cut Corners's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    M
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    What sort of power upgrades would you predict with this turbo upgrade?
    My car is good health but does has seen 130k, do you think there could be any reliability problems caused be tuning a well used engine?

Jonny

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    TDi Turbos's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Ibiza TDi
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    If the engine is in good health then 130k miles shouldn't worry it. My (non bmw im afraid) TDi is making more than 50% extra Bhp than it left the factory with and still going strong at 150k. You will need to uprate your clutch and flywheel, and probably injectors too. I believe the 335/535d items are the first choice?
    Without any testing it's hard to predict exactly what the turbo is capable of, but well well in excess of 300bhp is easily in reach. It all depends on the other supporting mods and state of tune of the car, but in all honesty I don't know all the limitations and restrictions of these motors (and there are a few variants of the 3.0d with different power figures) - that's why I'm here to develop my product. My DMB compressor wheel I know is good for over 360 bhp on a different application, whether the turbine side would flow that however remains to be seen...

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

6. 2002 E39 530d Turbo Upgrade 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    M = POWER's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E39 530D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi Adam, further to your project with upgrading the 3.0 Diesel turbo. This is exactly what I'm looking for. The turbo on my car is running 100%. But I have always wanted more power from it. A remap is possible but would like to upgrade turbo as well as a decat. Are there any suggestions you could make. Also I would be willing to undertake the tests on the turbo upgrade. Email: logicwheels@gmail.com. Cheers Eddie

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    TDi Turbos's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Ibiza TDi
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback

Thanks
    Hi Eddie, I have sent you an email. Cheers, Adam