BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

323i e36 induction kit

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Ian S 
#1 · (Edited)
323i e36 going for a pipercross, exhaust manifold

Hi, thanks to all who replyed I think now I'm going for a pipercross but I have heard about air filter that use an oil does ruin your sensor on the air pipe is this true and how much would it cost to fix this problem if it happens?
also exhaust manifold do they really add 15 bhp I can't believe it myself I would have thought around 5 bhp if that!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk

#4 ·
are you looking better sound or performance?
I have dave f kit on the 328 and it sounds great but will only give a power increase if you have already replaced the inlet manifold with the 325 m50 type
the standard air box when debaffeled with a good filter is fine thats all I had on the 323 and that had m50 manifold, US M3 cams, twin exhaust and went like a rocket

#5 ·
Just looking for somthing inbetween probally the powertec as it looks great, thanks for the pics any chance of a sound clip? I'll pm you, may put the m50 manifold on but not to sure from parting with £400 may just put the big bore throttle bodies on air filter and get it chipped

#7 ·
I will think about it a bit more before I buy anything just yet, don't really want to spend too much on her but I do if you know what I mean, I'm definatly getting a air filter but not sure on the chip/remap or throttle bodies as I've heared that they don't make much of a noticable difference :)

#8 ·
I'm with Hamish. As he has done all the mods you are looking at (and then some) he's probably the best person to ask!

The throttle body won't make that much difference (I'd actually argue none at all) but the inlet manifold would make a huge difference. You can pick up the modified item second hand from about £200 or you could source the unmodified version and fit it yourself a lot cheaper. I would definitely do the manifold before anything else.

Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.