2010 E90 316Des - tuning options

Notices

Thread: 2010 E90 316Des - tuning options

Reply to Thread
  1. 2010 E90 316Des - what (if any) are the tuning options please ? 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Max316's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316DES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi guys

I have a new 316des arriving next month. The general spec of the car has been upgraded but I have concerns about the lack of bhp the 316d has. I believe it is basically an electronically de-tuned 320d with only 118bhp available?

What if any re-mapping or re-tuning options are available for the 316d ?

This is a lease vehicle so it would need to be something that can either be removed before a service is carried out or not be detectable by a BMW dealer. I do not want to run into warranty problems. I am not looking for a race tune that will light the tyres up every time I press the accelerator, really what I would like is more torque to make the car a bit more user friendly on motorways etc.

I have seen different companies such as Bluefin, Viezu advertising tuning units etc but my concerns revolve around whether any new map can be removed and if it would leave any indication the ECU was mapped/demapped should any potential problems occur. I think the Viezu V switch unit in particular looks a possibility ?

I have emailed them to ask questions but not had a reply as yet.

Am I on to a loser here - or can anyone point me in the right direction please ?
    Last edited by Max316; 17-03-2010 at 21:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,697 Posts
    Please familiarise yourself with the Forum Postin Rules, accessed by clicking the link in my post. This enables full functionality of the search post and ensures you get a quick, applicable response.

Please edit your thread title accordingly.

YEAR / Exx DESIGNATION / MODEL - ISSUE, PROBLEM or COMMENT
    2013, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, PDK, Sports Exhaust, Chrono, etc, etc

*removed

BFUK weekday crew

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mark@vorny.co.uk For This Useful Post:

Max316 (17-03-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Max316's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316DES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thankyou for your response - I did use the search facility first.

I also run a busy forum with over 6000 active members so I am reasonably well versed in forum etiquette.

I made an introductory post before asking a question - that is generally expected. I used the search facility in different configurations to see if my query had presented before, it returned two replies neither of which were particularly applicable. Possibly I did not find the exact collection of words to search with - but I did try ......

If I have still managed to transgress your rules then I apologise - if the thread title does not conform please tell me how I may change it and I will change it. (I thought it was clear enough - but seemingly I have erred).

I appear to be able to edit the text body but not the thread title. (same thing happens on my own vbulletin forum where only admin and moderators can change thread titles after posting)

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Legend
    Car Details
    steve23002's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    530i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 5,803 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Max316 View Post
    Thankyou for your response - I did use the search facility first.

I also run a busy forum with over 6000 active members so I am reasonably well versed in forum etiquette.

I made an introductory post before asking a question - that is generally expected. I used the search facility in different configurations to see if my query had presented before, it returned two replies neither of which were particularly applicable. Possibly I did not find the exact collection of words to search with - but I did try ......

If I have still managed to transgress your rules then I apologise - if the thread title does not conform please tell me how I may change it and I will change it. (I thought it was clear enough - but seemingly I have erred).

I appear to be able to edit the text body but not the thread title. (same thing happens on my own vbulletin forum where only admin and moderators can change thread titles after posting)
    I have adjusted the thread title for you Max. Its just a format we like to stick to, hope we have not offended you...

The person I would speak to is Simon from Emaps, AP tuning or Motech who are forum vendors on here. I unfortunatly cannot help much as the car is too new for me. I cant see they will have much of a problem advising you.
    I will also post them a link to this thread...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve23002 For This Useful Post:

Max316 (17-03-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Max316's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316DES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanks Steve, after some exploring I discovered how to amend the thread title and have hopefully also made it a little clearer.

Your vbulletin is an updated version from the one I am used to - we seem to have more general user permissions on here than my general populace does.

I understand only too well how much time newbies can soak up. I genuinely did try to get things right, in fact I am embarrassed that I didn't. Apologies again - and thanks for putting me right

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Max316 For This Useful Post:

steve23002 (17-03-2010)

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Back to the tuning options!
    I will have to check tomorrow but the V-switch as viezu call it (real name POWERGATE) may be available. If it is available for your car then this would be the best option as when you flash back the original map it leaves no traces that I have ever heard of, which would tell the stealer that it has been mapped before. Then once you have got your car back from them you can simply plug the powergate back in and load your performance map back. If you would like to call me on 07930410102 say around lunchtime tomorrow I will have some info for you.
    I have actually just checked the application list and there is NOT anything listed for this vehicle at present. This of course will change, but because it is a new model things just take time. I need to know which ECU is in this vehicle to be able to assist further.
    Last edited by APtuning; 17-03-2010 at 22:12. Reason: further details to add

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to APtuning For This Useful Post:

Max316 (17-03-2010),steve23002 (17-03-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Max316's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316DES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Thanks for that, you are a star

I also have a colleague that would be interested as well. I will pass on details to him too.

I will give you a ring tomorrow

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    motechmike's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e92 M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    DTC
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Sorry to say no tuning via the OBD2 port is out yet for the 2010 car's , Since mid part of last year the ECU have anti tuning. The only way to get past this is ECU out and open it up .

Thats why there is not a lot out there for these just yet.. Also the tuning is the easy bit its getting the tuned file back in the car .

Mike
    Thanks Mike

01604 810000
    07842 122467

ECU mapping to a standard, not a price!

www.motechperformance.co.uk
    info@motechperformance.co.uk

facebook/motechperformance

Performance Software: EcoMap | CityMap | ActiveMap | X-Maps & X-Maps +
    Tuning: Eibach | Vmaxx | Remus | Remus Powerizer | Jetex | Hawke | PiperCross | Forge | Carbon Speed

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Max316's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316DES
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Ah right, thanks Mike

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    TsvetanVR's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320i e36
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Hello, guys! I'm about to buy a 318d E90 LCI and I was wondering if I could turn it into a 320d (I found out that the hardware is the same, so why not?). Because I don't really like the idea of my e36 2.0i (September '93) being faster than my new car (September '09)
    Thanks in advance!

p.s. Posting my skype and ICQ below so if there's anyone that can actually do this for me, just contact me there.