2010 E82 123d - How to increase power, torque, handling and brakes. Vortex exhaust, piggy back and brembo breakes.

Notices

Thread: 2010 E82 123d - How to increase power, torque, handling and brakes. Vortex exhaust, piggy back and brembo breakes.

Reply to Thread
  1. 2010 E82 123d - How to increase power, torque, handling and brakes. Vortex exhaust, piggy back and brembo breakes. 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    123D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    123D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Wassup Guys,

Recently got a 123d coupe 2010 under a 4 year lease, tried to make it faster straight away, went to Celtic tunining up in Cromwell an got about 269 bhp an 373 lbft torque, but sometimes the engine management light would pop up when i floored it, yet sometimes I did 160 no probs.

So at the end, had enough an wanted to check something out through bmw so i got it taken out. Now first question is, if i take it back to bmw would they find out, and if so, how can i avoid this?

I wanted to make it faster, so a mate sent me to Torque exhausts up in north london, the guy recommended a vortex exhaust system, with a piggy back an brembo brakes. Now, bearing in my mind my cards a diesal does anyone know what it may sound like, good bad? OR are there better ways and things out there for the car?

They have quotes me £2500.00 for everything with brembos, pads, discs, sensor and calip. Also, out of interest, what is the most amount of miles you guys have got from a 123d from a full tank?

Inputs are all appreciated. P.S does anyone know if I could normal tyres instead of run flat ones, would it be better or not? The car itself came with run flats.

Email: aah@live.co.uk

Peace

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    gcrossan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    I didn't realise the terms and conditions allowed you to modify a lease car? I suspect that taking a car in for service work with the above mods 'might' be noticed? In which case the remap would be fairly insignificant methinks?

Also, there would be some schools of thought that say that doin 160 in it may be logged in the ecu? Ive heard this mentioned on net altho this may be other manufacturers/complete load of rubbish.

Have to ask - is this a serious post or a wind up?

Hope you get the answers you're looking for anyways

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    piemuncher's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    I think you're betting off just leaving off the car. If you owned it, it'd be fine, but I'm pretty sure the leasing company didn't intend to have their little diesel BMW tuned up and given back to them.

Pie

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    aaron-gardner84's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    i guess being a lease car you wont be following the manufactures recommended running program to ensure the engine runs in smoothly for the first 5000-10000 miles by not exceeding certain speeds within certain mileage criteria. the tuning of a new car and then pushing it to 160mph will more than certainly cause more problems than a car thats done over 20k even more so because its a diesel and they need to be treated with a lot more respect than their petrol counterparts. i would advise that you dont go thrashing and tuning your lease car because any engine damage will go under some level of investigation through the lease companys insurance wanting to know why a 30 grand car is in a garage.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    123D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    123D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    @Gcrossan, no not joking at all, I just had those questions an thought this might be the best place to get 'em answered.

I already did a remap but took it back out, due to the fact it was not tuned perfectly, it was done by Celtic Tuning, who are not bad otherwise for poor customer service an they couldnt answer why engine manag. light kept coming on.

Car is due its service now, so not sure how to hide this fact from bmw that it had a remap? It has been taken out but no sure whether they may find out or not?

As long as I take everything out at the end of the 4 years, it will be sweet with the lease company so im just thinking because its quite a while away..

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,697 Posts
    They shouldn't spot a professional re-map, unless it shows an ECU update on the counter. A professional map shouldn't do this.

The EML throws up with faulty turbo actuators on the 335i's. Be prepared for them to update the software if there are stored fault codes and your re-map will be wiped. That seems an aggressive re-map to get those sort of gains which may be pushing parameters and hence the EML light.

There are all sorts of penalties at the end of BMW agreements for this sort of thing. As long as you are prepared for this should you be found out then all's well. I mapped mine whilst still on BMW finance.
    2013, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, PDK, Sports Exhaust, Chrono, etc, etc

*removed

BFUK weekday crew

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mark@vorny.co.uk For This Useful Post:

123D (23-11-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    123D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    123D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    @Mark.
    Thanks for the info. But thing is I have taken the re map off now. Its back to standard but how do i check whether BMW could still find out through the counters etc? If put a box in next like a piggy back, which i dont know to much about myself, but these guys at torque exhaust mentioned them, then could they still find out because its not actualley a remap. Or what other ways would you recommend?

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    A professional map by one of the trusted vendors on here. They all have an excellent reputation and would not put a map on that threw up EML issues. The dealers would have to be pretty convinced that any future damage or failures was caused by tuning to interrogate that deeply to discover counters to be honest.
    I wouldn't piggy back, they are a poorly resolved fueling device. One of our vendors, TheEnd is well versed in their shortcomings.
    Do the mods well and properly and most dealers turn a blind eye.

*removed

BFUK weekday crew

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    123D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    123D
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Cool, who are some of those vendors? And what about Brembo brakes for my car? And the vortex exhaust.. do you have any idea what it may sound like on a diesal or is there anything better out there?

Thanks

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Forum re-mappers;
    MOTECH
    EMAPS
    APTUNING
    END TUNING

MOTECH also do custom exhausts

For brakes try HERE

*removed

BFUK weekday crew