Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    I'm going to confirm this tomorrow but I believe that the Powergate that I can supply will work on a E91 318D. If this is the case then I think you will find it alot better than the blufin. The maps for the powergate are tailored for that particular vehicle i.e NOT GENERIC.
    You buy the unit and upload your original map from your car to the unit. Then this data you send off and within an hour (usually) you get 2 modified maps back of you choice. Upload these to the unit and connect to car and you can change between the maps to your hearts content. Also the powergate doubles as as basic diagnostic tool.
    Price for this is £350+£15P&P
    Group buy deals can be organised also and if I was to get an order of atleast 10 units then the price will be reduced to £310+£15P&P Saving of £40!
    As I say, I will confirm for your vehicle tomorrow.
    Email me direct at info@APTuning.co.uk
    mobile: 07930410102
    regards, Darren@APTuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTech View Post
    If the map can be installed and de-installed at your convenience I assume it also can be used on other vechicles with the same engine? i.e. someone elses E91 318d

BTW Hotrodder just checked out your website, that was some labour of love you went through to get the car painted to the standard you wanted.
    I've come across something like this before. The unit memorised the VIN when it interrogated the ECU for the first time, so it can only be used with said car thereafter. Same logic probably applies to this Blue Fin thing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

SlowTech (23-01-2010)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Hotrodder's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 SE Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTech View Post
    If the map can be installed and de-installed at your convenience I assume it also can be used on other vechicles with the same engine? i.e. someone elses E91 318d

BTW Hotrodder just checked out your website, that was some labour of love you went through to get the car painted to the standard you wanted.
    Sure was - A Nightmare but worth it - 3 times painted - its for sale as well - Anyone interested??

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Right I have confirmed today that the powergate is available for the E91 318D. Again if you or anyone else is interested in a powergate then just get in touch with your vehicle details and let me at APTuning sort things out for you.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Hotrodder's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318 SE Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APTuning View Post
    Right I have confirmed today that the powergate is available for the E91 318D. Again if you or anyone else is interested in a powergate then just get in touch with your vehicle details and let me at APTuning sort things out for you.
    Thanks, Can you get me the data relating to what increase in power and torque, my only query is that this is a lease car, and when I take it in for a service will BMW pick it up? which may then affect the warranty
    My car is a 318d Oct 2009
    How do you change between maps and what is the difference?

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodder View Post
    Thanks, Can you get me the data relating to what increase in power and torque, my only query is that this is a lease car, and when I take it in for a service will BMW pick it up? which may then affect the warranty
    My car is a 318d Oct 2009
    How do you change between maps and what is the difference?
    If you care to take a look at my website http://www.aptuning.co.uk
    You can find the data you require under TUNING OPTIONS. There is no need to worry about your car being a lease car as with this powergate you simply plug it into the diagnostic port inside your car and using the buttons on the unit select which map you want i.e for servicing and such you can revert it back to standard so BMW will not know. Then when you pick your car back up simply plug the unit back in again and put another map on. It doesn't take long to do, on average 10mins on a BMW to load a new map.
    The difference between the maps really depends on what maps are available for your vehicle and what maps you go for. Again on my website you will see data for economy and performance.
    If you need to talk to me direct about this and possibly place an order for one then call me on 07930410102. These really are better then the others out there and of course the maps are specific to your car.
    The only thing you have to remember is that is BMW do a ECU software update on your car then you will have to have your modified maps re-done which is a nominal cost. (i'll have to check the price, it may even be free).
    I ALWAYS advise that customer reset to standard before taking vehicle to the dealers just in case they do the software update, you can ask for this NOT to be performed by the dealers though.

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    bwchiptune's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    (st3 is the name of chipp--uk's/vezu branded tool so your remap will be made by him if you buy a st3) Powergate is a great tool,but when you flash the engines ecu with any tool the ecu will be disconnected from the can bus(communication line) so putting fault codes in the rest of the systems ecu and moduals which commuicate the the engines ecu eg ike,egs,dsc,ews/cas and so on,showing and pointing to the engines dme/dde control unit that its been disconected,removed or flashed

The st3 will read and wipe codes but only in the ecu it communicates with (engine ecu),i would suggest that after the flash back to standard that the car goes on a ori bmw daigs or top of the range diags just for bmw to wipe all fault codes the flashing has left
    Last edited by bwchiptune; 17-06-2010 at 01:03. Reason: i through every one should know who is behide this tools name

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    I have never come across this before myself, I did try a powergate on my own car and checked it for diag faults before and after remap and it never had any faults showing.
    If anyone else has come across this then i'd very much like to know please, as I can then relay this info on.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    smileynialley's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    840ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    sorry dont mean to hijack this thread or anything,i just dont want to start another thread about chips...but....ive been looking for a chip for my 840ci and as far as i can see they range from £300 on well known sites and £50-£100 on ebay...will i be paying for the names on those sites and is there much difference?

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    bwchiptune's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    in your ecu on the chip has your software numbers,for your engine,
    i have had alot of people come to me and ask me to look at the chip they have be supplied with
    when i have check the tune on these chips compaired to the chip with thier ori software form the ecu,in a lot of cases its been the wrong tuned sw for the cars and in some cases have been detuned

its down to you who and which you choose,but remember how much a new engine may cost
    you are always better taken your car to someone that is well know

do a search on here for people that have had there car chipped and have been happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12