X3 2.0D 177 BHP
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    SUV

Thanks
    Hi,

I've gone back over previous posts to see if anyone has already asked about these plug in electronic boxes which purport to increase BHP, torque and marginally reduce MPG but it seems not.

I've been checking out P-tronic (Belgium based company) as well as other suppliers e.g. Tuneit and reading the reviews, testimonials etc.

I live on Crete and because of the absurd Greek luxury car taxes it's prohibitive to buy large engine SUVs. It might come as a shock to learn that even my lowly 2.0D 2008 X3 cost 58,000 euros new and it has few if any of the goodies we all wish for. At present £1 is worth around 1.12 euros so you can work out just how expensive an X3 is over here!

Crete is also an island of hills and whilst the car performs well (it's the automatic version with the 177 BHP engine) it would be nice to have a little more grunt at the wheels. What's more, the cost of diesel here is now higher than the UK so better economy would not go amiss either.

Has anyone tried one of these gadgets on their X3 and if so I'd be grateful for some first hand reviews?

Cheers,

TD

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

3. ECU Flashed 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    nigelmartin's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    I used a piggy back tunit unit on my 3 litre turbo diesel (Toyota) I didn't find it very good. I have just re-flashed my BMW320 diesel using Suoerchips Bluefin (the same engine as yours) and I have found the performance has gone up to another level. It's most noticeable when driving over the mountains on the way to my home in Phayao (Thailand) but also the car is much smooother in town. The power is raised from 177bhp to 220bhp and the torque from 350nM to 450nM. Just a point of interest a 320d here in Thailand is £60,000 although you suffer little depreciation.