Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Had my car re-mapped by Darren yesterday. First impressions:
    The process is straight forward.
    My current ECU map was downloaded and sent to Jason (BW)
    This map was then modified; it was the latest mapping from BMW so less chance of it being "upgraded" by them in the near future. This map contains all the details of my particular car...all the settings for active steering, comfort door closing etc. These settings must be kept in the final modded map so Jason works on this map, not just a generic, one size fits all replacement. Darren has already found out what you are looking for: out and out squeeze every last drop of power; economy only (yea, right!), drivability etc. This info is given to Jason to put into the mix.
    A cup of tea and a chat for about an hour while Jason beavers away.
    New map emailed over and loaded into the car. Test drive (this is Darrens real reward: seeing the grin on your face!) Pay up and look big, I'll let Darren tell you how much in case he gave me a special deal, but if you think about it in terms of number of days driving pleasure over the life of the car...cheap as chips.

The drive home:
    As you know, in standard trim the 535d is a very rapid car that is easy to use on the motorway imo. The drive home up the A2 was enough to confirm that I had made the right choice in having a re-map. The car was very smooth but now the throttle was acting like a volume control connected to a space/time converter! I was dribbling along behind traffic in lane 4 (lane 1 and 2 empty of course and the "I'm doing 70 and so I can sit in lane 3 for mile after mile" brigade) giving the cars in front plenty of room to sort themselves out which they did and there I am, lane 4 clear, big Merc trying to get in my boot (yes I am a grumpy old man!) so road clear, time to make progress.....press throttle, no drama, no gearbox thrashing just....wham! The car just took off! THIS is the car BMW should have built, fan bloody tastic! This is not about pure speed or acceleration, both there in bucket loads, but about being able to place you car, pass traffic, hold back and bide your time and know that when you open the throttle you will have a car that responds and covers ground seemingly instantly. Drivability.
    Into sport mode through the lanes back to my house, it's dark so I can see headlights over the hedges, keep am eye out for bikes and foxes and here we go again! Instant response; I'm grinning so is the car! Just me and the road. Power through the bend? Of course sir, another bend? Would sir like power all the way through this next series? Happy to oblige.
    I like the idea of "wolf in sheeps clothing" or "stealth mode" if you know what I mean. Jason, through the offices of Darren have given me a lion in sheeps clothing. I'm not interested in "who's got the biggest willy" mine is now big enough not to be concerned.

How much power? How much torque? Accademic. I'll leave that to the willy measurers. How much useability, drivability and sheer enjoyment? Priceless!

If you can afford one of these cars and enjoy driving go and see Darren. Put your tape measure away, it's not what you've got it's what you can now do with it!

Thanks for sticking with this post but I wanted to give folks an idea of what it feels like to have a re-map.
    Now off to get a newspaper. I know a nice little newsagent 200 miles away!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jostick For This Useful Post:

330ise(07-10-2011),APtuning(07-10-2011),xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdane36323(11-10-2011)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    The Panther's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci Clubsport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Great review!

Glad you are enjoying your car sounds like a beast - a mate of mine had his 335d "done" and that was biblically fast!

I want one now (car and the remap that is!), time to get saving

I'm here for a good time not a long time

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    I take it that you are obviously a happy chappy now Jostick?
    Got to say I love your car especially with the panoramic roof!
    It was a pleasure remapping your car, but please keep me posted on what you are now getting on the MPG side of things and thanks for the review. It's always good to know that we have made yet another customer happy.

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    mark4's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APtuning View Post
    I take it that you are obviously a happy chappy now Jostick?
    Got to say I love your car especially with the panoramic roof!
    It was a pleasure remapping your car, but please keep me posted on what you are now getting on the MPG side of things and thanks for the review. It's always good to know that we have made yet another customer happy.
    Sounds like the mpg might be taking a bit of a hit now!

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    Sounds like the mpg might be taking a bit of a hit now!
    Actually it should be quite the opposite, going by previous 35d cars I've remapped. I just wanted to know how much difference as most see 3-4mpg gain even on a performance map!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Jostick's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Touring

Thanks
    mpg.... ah, well....now doing 38mpg. That includes a blat to Gatport Airwick and into town to the station a couple of times, so two extremes realy. I'm more than happy with that. I reckon I'm a pretty steady driver; if I can make progress I do but if not I will tickle along. The big improvement in acceleration I notice is in the mid rev range; typical motorway driving. The very rapid acceleration from rest, in sport mode, from the A12/ M25 lights for instance, leaves me having to supress a big grin! That wouldn't be a good look would it!
    Thanks again Darren and anyone else out there thinking should I, shouldn't I, if you want to unlock more of your cars potential without faffing about with a spanner and hammer, go for this firmware upgrade and you'll be more than happy.

10. 2008 E61 535d: AP Tuning
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    cforehead's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335d M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    I'd be very happy with 38mpg from our lighter, stock car - So all's well I'd say

2008 335d M Sport Coupe