BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2007 e9x 325d Remaps?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  APtuning 
#1 ·
My first post here so I'd just like to say Hi all and thanks for your help in advance.

I'm going to have a look at a 2007 197bhp e92 later today.

I've already put a deposit down and in my mind its pretty much sold already.

Now to have a 325 but it actually be a 3 litre engine means it would be rude not to get it remapped. I've done a search on these forums but there hasn't been much talk of remapping these cars in some time and not to much details on result or longevity.

If you've had you 325d remapped I'd long your feedback. I guess I' like to know:
Performance
Economy
Driving characteristics
Any drivetrain problems
How knowledgeable/pleasant the engineers were

I'm regularly in buck/sussex & wales if that helps. As I said thanks folk

#2 ·
We have mapped a few of these, all seeing a gain on MPG power and response, they fine with the extra power and how our maps work is the extra power is only on request after 50% loud and 50% throttle witch makes for a lot smother drive..

We offer a try before you buy also 14 days money back if you 100% unsure..

Hope that helps

Thanks Mike

#3 ·
Thats great to hear Mike and thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about going with Celtic tuning (as I'd looked into it for my mrs Civic) but they're quoting 285bhp for a plug and play remap which;

a) Sounds a little unlikely and
b) Sounds a lot to put a car through designed for 200

and having nearly 300 brake is maybe not the best idea as I had a lot of trouble not crashing my Lotus (RIP) with just over half that.

You're only up the road from me too. I live in MK.

What sort of price/performance numbers are we looking at?
Would you recommend that I wait until the 12month warrantee is over?
I'm guessing longevity shouldn't be a prob as the cars in a low state of tune?

I bought it btw and am picking it up Saturday :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.