BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2007 E61 520d - advice needed please!!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  APtuning 
#1 ·
hi guys

im new to the forum and just recently brought a bmw 520d Msport estate 163bhp 57 plate.what i want to no is where can i get a decent induction kit for this model cause i cant find one also im looking to get it tune and chiped up what do u think i could get it up to bhp wise? is there any companys out there who can make decent induction kits unless there is one for this model any help is appriciated thanks!;)

#2 ·
I don't think you'll find and induction kit for this as the air filter goes along the left hand side of the engine itself as is of a cylinder type filter. As for the remapping side of things, I can certainly help you out with this. You would be looking at approx 40-45bhp and 80-90Nm torque. I would recommend that the car is recently serviced including the oil breather also.
And as a bimmerforums member you also get a nice discount on the remap!

#4 ·
Yep, no need for an air filter ungrade on these, as 1) no one makes them, and 2) they work in a different way to petrol cars.

With a petrol car, you need to get as much air in as possible and you add whatever fuel you need to match it. With a diesel, you control the power by the amount of fuel you inject, rather than controlling the airflow.

A diesel will be sucking in as much air as it can, and the best that a small amount of extra air coming in would be a very slight reduction in the smoke produced.

#5 ·
If you want to go to the extra expense of a decent airfilter then have a look at pipercross, greencotton filters or maybe ITG filters. But I will say that the standard OEM filters will be good enough as like Enda (theEnd) has already said, there really isn't much to be gained at all with a high flowing filter.
I'll look forward to your call when you are ready :thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.