BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E60 530d - Anyone had their 530d remapped?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  powerofm 
#1 ·
At the moment i am getting 27mpg and decent power output and good torque but just wondering if someone has had there 530d remapped and if it was worth it?

Cheers :thumbsup

#6 ·
Jimmy - if you driving just around town and planting your right foot then your mpg is fine. If you doing a mixture of driving then it's low. Get into the hidden menu and check your coolant temp - it may well be anything between 60-80C which is way too low and indicates either your egr thermostat or main thermostat are not working correctly.

i get 30mpg around town and 40+ on the motorway depending on average speed

#9 ·
Just to reiterate, that does sound incredibly low. I'm just selling my E60 530d and I was always averaging more than 40mpg. I'm getting 27 from a 630i now (with the older less efficient engine). Sounds as if something is seriously wrong. Suggest you get that fixed / identified before the remap (which souds a good idea too).

#11 ·
LOL 27MPG from a derv? that's terrible buddy, I got a 2.8 three series and I average 24MPG and I don't drive lightly!

good luck on getting it fixed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.