BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E46 330ci worried about car being ok after mapped back too stock

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  APtuning 
#1 ·
hey peeps..as one or two off the members know i had a sh*t remap last year which gev me no power and dropped my mpg too 23mpg:frown..so after speaking too tuners..for me too get another remap,i need too get my car back too stock:confused..so i managed too finally get the guy who mapped her last year and he sed hed put everythn bak too normal free off charge since it was him who f**kd it!!anyway,my worry is..after a diagnostics from bmw today,(they say my car is perfect apart from the mpg,which they put down too the remap)..that he mucks up puttin it back too stock:mad..i this possible too make an ar*e off?..sorry for the essay..had too explain properly:D

#5 ·
It should not be a problem because he should be putting the map that he took off your car back but as he did make an arse of the remap I guess anything is possible.Hopefully some of the mappers here can elaborate :thumbsup Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup Also don't see why its not possible for it be remapped without putting the stock map back :confused

#7 ·
yeah thats wot i thot steve...but the tuning guys av spoked too..one being our very own ap tuning says it defo has too go back too normal:confused..as long as my cars fine after he does it then al take it from ther..coz im getting an afe cold air intake from california which unlike most others uses bmws intake pipe from the kidny grills for air:thumbsup..then im getting a new remap,so hopefully all good soon steve

#11 ·
The reason behind having the car back to standard is to then start a fresh new map, rather than trying to correct a bad map!
If the diagnostics have shown up nothing wrong with your car then either something like maf (it doesn't always throw up faults) or the guy still hasn't put back proper stock map.
Let mike check the map for you as he's offering.
At the end of the day us tuners do have access to databases of stock files and so should be able to find one for your car.
Personally I would just like to know that your car is giving you the mpg it used to get before even starting to remap it! Keep me posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.