BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2004 E46 320cd - Remapping Question

17K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  747_727 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have just bought a 2004 320cd sport and althought after a week of good economy and it going ok I am already thinking of a remap as I have heard that this can be done fairly reliably.

I couldnt get hold of a decent 330d with the money I had but coming from a Honda S2000 the 320d feels a bit on the slow side!

So, can anyone recommend which are the best companies to have a remap with and what sort of power gains I would be looking at as well as price please? The engine is an M47TUD20.

I've tried to use the search but its not come up with anything.

Thanks,

Alex

#2 ·
Hi Alex.

We do a lot of these , Power will be up by 40hp and 75nm's, the turbo will spin up lower down the rev range and hold out longer making it a lot quicker, It will also have more power lower down the rev range, less revs = less fuel being used so if driven well you should see a gain on MPG too..

Hope this helps a little,

Also were in Northampton and have a offer on for £250 all in for the 320d's
:lol

Thanks Mike

#9 ·
Mike is that sort of figures on a 320d a high end map? I wouldnt mind a remap in the future but dont want to put serious pressure on her..:thumbsup

#4 ·
Sounds excellent, are you still based near Waitrose in Rushden? I know you were years ago...your surname isn't Hodder is it by any chance? I think I went to school with you lol!

How long is the offer on for by the way and how long would you need the car for?

Cheers,

Alex

#15 ·
Hi there. I can provide you with a remap which will give you 40-45bhp and 90-100Nm torque and on the boost side of things will have only been up'd 200mb.
We get the extra power from adding more fuel and upping the boost. The extra boost is only added to reduce the smoke, so a win win situation. Also you're only in essex and i'm in Rochester in Kent, so just across the bridge matey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.