BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2003 E46 330d Auto 184bhp ECU Re-Map

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  motechmike 
#1 ·
Hi,
New to the forum so would just like to thank people for assistance in advance!

I have recently purchased a 2003 E46 330d Auto Saloon 184bhp and would like some advice on the best re-map for achieving better fuel economy.

I do a mixture of town and motorway driving around 80 - 100 miles a day!

Also if anyone can advise me what MPG i should be achieving and what MPG i would expect to achieve after a re-map.

Once again thanks for helping me!

jkav1985

#3 ·
Hi,
New to the forum so would just like to thank people for assistance in advance!

I have recently purchased a 2003 E46 330d Auto Saloon 184bhp and would like some advice on the best re-map for achieving better fuel economy.

I do a mixture of town and motorway driving around 80 - 100 miles a day!

Also if anyone can advise me what MPG i should be achieving and what MPG i would expect to achieve after a re-map.

Once again thanks for helping me!

jkav1985

A good map will see improved power and response. MPG gains are harder to give as its down to driving styles etc.. Manual cars give a bigger gain on MPG too.. A well looked after 330d will see 2/3mpg gain more on a long run.. but yet again down to yours right foot.. Just make sure you fit a freeflow filter too that will help and the cars tracking is 100%..

#5 ·
Pipercross have been running BMWs on there fleet for years and have seen improvements in mpg, We sell a good number of these each year with only positive comments about them, Your right in saying the surface of the filter is large. But the stock paper filter is very restrictive over a free flow filter..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.