Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    does any one know where i can buy a good induction kit for a 2003 325ci. i heard dave f induction kits are good but cant find any for sale!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    Dave F's are hard to find.TBH if you get a kit with a heatshield and possibly a cold air feed you'll be fine.Just Make sure its secure and doesn't rattle around you shouldn't have any problems.Main thing is to get a heat shield otherwise it'll suck in the hot air from the engine

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    schooner325ci's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StK View Post
    Dave F's are hard to find.TBH if you get a kit with a heatshield and possibly a cold air feed you'll be fine.Just Make sure its secure and doesn't rattle around you shouldn't have any problems.Main thing is to get a heat shield otherwise it'll suck in the hot air from the engine
    cheers! whats a good recomendation?? k&N? what makes a good cold air feed??

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Thanked 6,073 Times in 4,855 Posts
    Dave-F's are mainly made up of K&N so yeah not too bad TBH I got the cheapest one on Ebay I could find then got a heatshield from a member here then made a bit of piping up that ran from the brake duct on my bumper as a cold air feed and to say I can't tell you if it has any HP increase but it does sound lovely with the right exhaust on

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    audisline's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    You will find that induction kits are talked about quite a lot on any car forums.
    Do they increase BHP, whats the best one, are they easy to fit etc etc.
    You will get a lot of different answers from everybody.

Quite simply some of the claims offered by some manufacturers are just not credible.
    Oh yeh, I get the point that an induction kit is trying to make. The colder the air and the more of it into the engine.....then so it will make a bigger and more powerful bang. But I saw one site that told its prospective purchasers of its product, that an increase of 10BHP could be attained.
    The fact is in some smaller engine vehicles, fitting an induction kit of any sort may actually decrease the power curve a tad.

My last car was an Audi A4 S-Line. 1.8T...............reasonably tuned and worked on it was producing 240BHP.
    My colleague and fellow car nut had exactly the same model and me and followed quite a similar route to me in making the thing go faster.

But he did like the look of a Carbonio air ram system and duly paid up close to £240 for a kit. I have to admit. Lifting the bonnet up after he had it fitted was a sight to behold. It looked quite nice in place. The sound it gave the car was also something else I was not quite appreciative of. Still....everyone likes different sounds.
    The increase in power over my own standard air box.....albeit with a K&N panel filter in place.....................was zero.

So as far as induction kits go. You pays your money and takes your choice. But fair play to the others who have offered advise. Fit one with a heat shield definitely, cold air feed please. Make sure its not rattling all over the place under the bonnet and enjoy the noise.

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    dazza316i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    316i compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback
    Thanks
    im not sure if theres any power increase but gotta love the sound fitted a pipercross one to my car with no cold air feed suffered really bad with heatsoak fitted cold air feed sorted that problem

but loved the sound