525D SE (E60 LCI)
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi all,
    About 12 months ago immediately after buying my car, I had a so say economy remap put on it at the same time as I removed the swirl flaps, fitted the later vortex breather and a K & N air filter (result of reading the forums). I eventually got round to putting it on a rolling road (reiddy re-maps Yeovil) to discover 260BHP & 540Nm torque. The operator commented that it was a poor map as the main thing that had been done was to increase the opening time of the injectors hence the huge clouds of black smoke. He also commented that not knowing what had been done he wouldn't chance sorting it out. I contacted the guy that had done the original map to find out that it had somehow been corrupted!
    At this stage I found on YouTube a video of a mapped 530D done by a guy called Steve Lewis who runs HDI-tuning.co.uk. Turns out Steve also lives in Bristol and specializes in mapping Peugots and Citroens for which he had developed his own maps. However he owns a 2004 E60 530D Auto as well for which he has also developed his own maps. To cut a long story short my car is now sorted. After discussion, we opted for 270BHP and 600Nm torque as I didn't want any reliability problems. He made the same comment as Reiddy about the quality of the map and said the relatively low torque increase (540Nm) with 260BHP is typical of a poor map. At the same time I blanked the EGR (open to debate I know) and Steve has amended the map to compensate for the expected air flow variation. He did explain it's not just a case of turning off the EGR command (emission light) although it was a bit lost on me. The car I must say has been transformed with stunning performance and no apparent smoke.
    Steve has written some very interesting info on remaps which can be found on ]www.hdi-tuning.co.uk[/B] and I can highly recommend him. You will also find plenty of satisfied customers with Peugots and Citroens on his website.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    bwchiptune's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    We see cars with the same problems every week
    Most are from cheap remapping companies or from so called tunes that buy in tuned files cheaply

That's why we recommend to use a good well know tuner who makes there one Remaps and can dyno test the car

It great you have you found out now and not later on after more problems

PERFORMANCE ECU TUNING(ALL CARS)FOR Bimmerforums MEMBERS
    CHIPPING AND REMAPPING
    Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road
    WORKSHOP REPAIRS(BMW,AUDI,VW,VAG,MERCS)
    TURBO,SUPERCHARGER TUNING
    ENGINE TRANSPLANT ECU CONVERSIONS
    CODING & PROGRAMMING,
    ECU REPAIRS & DPF,CAT REMOVAL
    REMAPPING TOOLS AND TUNED FILES AVAILABLE
    M5 F10 M6 F12/13 REMAPS £699
    WE HAVE NOW MOVED TO HAYES UB3 1BB