Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Sam - whats your budget and what options are you after? Are you looking for pre/post facelift? I came across a few nice manuals while I was looking, maybe one of them would be up your street??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scorched soul For This Useful Post:

sam_c (18-07-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Up to around £10k (give or take a little bit), got to be a face lift car ideally with as many of the following options - nav (I know its rubbish, but it makes the interior feel more modern), Harmon Karden Stereo, Bluetooth (a must really as I do 20k a year and those ear piece things are useless and I want to keep it stock so am not mad keen on a parrot system). The rest of the other stuff I would like are standard (electric seats because my other half is a short arse and it takes ages to get my seat back to where I like it after she's used it, cruise, xenons, PDC etc).

There are a few cars with the above on them, but I can only find them on autos - a manual car would be one less thing to stress about.

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    scorched soul's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    How about this one?

http://www.burnagemotors.co.uk/GetDe...27121&pageid=1

Think manuals spec'd up that highly are not that common as I'm guessing the kind of people who spent that much on a new bmw which isn't a m3 would prolly be more attracted to the relative comfort/refinement of the autobox, especially since it's sport auto mode and steptronic modes are pretty good as far as autos go...

I say that because because a maxed out 330ci Sport would not have been that far of the base m3, but I could be wrong...my advice is not to compromise though...I thought of making compromises when i was buying my car and I'm really glad I waited as long as I did. The only compromise I was willing to make was on price i.e. I was willing to trade off age/mileage for price, but that was it - if I had a car without one of my must haves like HK, I would have definitely had it in the back of my mind every time I drove the car.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    beau's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    10k is alot to spend on a 330, should be able to pick up a very well spec'd one for that.

2003 bmw 330ci sport
    plus 3 fiat puntos

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    slammed_tdci's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    tdci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatch

Thanks
    sorry to hijack this thread too but would a m3 exhaust offer any gains on a 330?? does it even fit??

Im gettin one hopefully soon and wanna tweek it abit

my dads already put a k&n panel filter on it but what else is a good mod??

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    That's waht I'm finding - the more I think about it, the more I think tha I will end up with an auto. Everyone says they are very good as far as auto's go - I also think that an auto will be perfect for 99% of the time (i.e my boring commute to work!).

That 330 looks pretty pukka - Performance Direct in Bristol have an all black one that looks very tasty (no Nav though). On paper the best one I have found is black, with an individual yellow leather interior with nav etc. And its under budget....

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    sam_c's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact
    Thanks
    Just found what would be the perfect car (on paper at least....)

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1879540.htm

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I actually haven't driven a manual 330 so I may not be able to compare the two, but from my limited experiece, the auto is pretty great - I certainly don't find myself regretting buying an auto- there are some times I do wish I still had a manual clutch and that I had full control over the gear change and I do wonder how much more quick the manual would feel (half a second difference to 60 if I remember quickly, 0-60 doesn't mean much in the real world, but it does make me wonder how much BHP I'm down on manual versions).

Saying that, the auto can still push you back in your seat and it can actually be kind of rewarding learning to adapt to and take advantage the auto's ability to learn your driving style. I can almost change up and down gears just by adjusting the throttle and I have the sport mode set up for really sporty driving by resetting the auto's learning memory while the car was fully warmed up, and then immediately gunning it for all it was worth for about 5-10 mins after the reset - it is now set up perfectly, changes down gears so I'm pretty much always in the best gear for acceleration and always changes down to first when the car slows down enough, and is always ready to kickdown a gear or two whenever i so much as hint as touching the throttle - LOVE IT!

The when I'm cruising, I move it back to "D" mode and can just cruise comfortably and quietly and the manual mode still offers me some control.

Legendary BFuk Member +1
    Car Details
    gap141070's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    think the manual and auto hav the same bhp..the manual may hav slightly more torque...the auto is a far more relaxing drive but i miss the manual when country rd driving and find the auto drops gears slower than i would like...and if you are serious about future tuning like superchargers etc,,the manual is more tunable due too gearbox tolerances...all in all tho,,i deeply deeply luv my auto

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Gap - the car have the same engine BHP and Torque but I believe the auto suffers higher drivetrain losses and so has less BHP and Torque at the wheel. I'm not sure what the exact amount is, but I believe the difference can be around 5% depending on the efficiency of the auto - so that could be up to 10-11 bhp in our cases.

I believe it is this deficit and the slower gear change that contributes to the 0.5s difference. I would definitely be curious to drive the 330i to see how it feels. One thing I really do miss is the ability to launch the car - there's no way to build the revs as you can in a manual. Does anyone know if we can apply revs while applying the brake in order to simulate a kind of launch control?

Sam - I absolutely love the two tone yellow leather interior, I think it looks really classy and lifts up the cabin a considerable amont, while maintaining that sportiness and I love the contrast against the black. Must be an absolute pain the backside to keep clean tho!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast