Model of Car:
    Compact 320d SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    How you getting on Livebait? I'm thinking of doing the same, just waiting to see if there are any adverse effects on yours.

I should be ok on my 03 320td Compact, right guys???
    Offend everyone and no one feels left out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    DirtyTorquer's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    320D Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    I have been rather interested with the whole EGR thing and have been doing some weekly comparison testing behind the scenes of disengaged, a washer limiting the amount of exhaust let in and the EGR left as BMW has intended. During this I realised the temperature was not getting up properly, I replaced both the EGR thermostat and the main thermostat. So was back to square one with the EGR testing. I did not post on this before, as I wanted to see what my end results were really. Well what I have come to find out now is that the car seems to get the best mpg figures with the EGR left fully functional (well for me anyway). I am now getting 54+mpg on my week runs. I do 270+ miles a week just for work and I sit at 65mph on the A2 once out of the London 50mph limit. Just to add, I was resetting the OBC at the beginning of each 'test' and also calculating based on fuel put in (4.54609ltrs to 1 UK gal) to miles done and was finding the OBC was pretty much giving the right readings. Also to add, I was checking and making sure my tire pressures were optimal and getting fuel from the same stations to help keep results consistant.

I was in no way expecting this myself as I was sure that I would get the best MPG with it disengaged or restricted. For me now...I will be just cleaning it out on regular intervals now.

Ideally as mentioned before, proper testing carried out on a rolling road with EGT, power and torque comparisons for each different 'setup' of the EGR would be the only true way to see what is going on. For me...the MPG has my mind set for how I will be having it.
    I'm not a complete idiot...some of my parts are missing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345