320d
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

Thanks
    Hi Guys

So, after several years deliberating, I finally got my 320d 136 remaped (custom RR map) on Thursday.

Unfortunately they had a lot of problems getting the expected gains out of it - it was with them for 2 days, they even cleaned the EGR valve for me for free, and eventually got it from 130 to 152bhp. Please also bear in mind the car has done 114k, so I was expecting some drop from 136, and possibly a bit less than the quoted 165bhp post map.

Obviously I was disappointed, and although the map has definitely made a difference (better bhp/tourque balance, and smoother throughout) there definitely wasn't the hammer in the back I was expecting (and got from a remap of a 110 leon a few years ago) - especially in top gears, in fact drives more like a petrol than anything, which is a bit odd as I have driven TDs for some years... The Turbo also still doesn't kick in until about 2k revs, again the leon remap almost completely eliminated turbo lag.

While the car was in for the remap, I did some research (a bit late!) and saw the MAF issues - so yesterday I took out the MAF and gave it a clean, no difference as of yet though, perhaps marginally smoother when reved, but at this point that could just be the remap. (have covered 400miles on motorway over the weekend, and did plenty of "spirited drives" in the day prior to this)

So, a few questions:

- anyone with a the same engine + remap, what point does your turbo kick in?

- I disconnected my MAF and did a quick test drive prior to cleaning, and the car was horrible - no boost until 2.5 - 3k - now I really understand what a flat spot is! - looking at the various MAF threads, this doesn't seem to be expected behaviour with the MAF disconnected - any ideas if this tells me anything!?

- Have seen various threads saying the pierburg 7.22684.09.0 is the best MAF to go for, but these are generally a bit old, does this still hold true, and from above do you think its worth the £100 to find out?! (NB - On cleaning I found already have the later version of the Bosch BM MAF fitted so shouldn't need BMW delaer software update)

- Any other suggestions welcome as to Map or potential causes of power drop...!

Dyno here -
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B84...thkey=CNmF1K0E

I'll also be getting the crankcase breather changed in a couple of weeks time, as this hasn't been changed since i've owned it (60k miles) assuming this isn't part of an Inspection 2?

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    LS1990's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    335i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I think from a heavy, 114k miles, diesel you're never going to get 'a kick in the back'. I think you're trying too hard to find extra power that isn't there. In terms of MAF it doesn't matter which one you use, you're using the same ECU. The ECU will compensate for any abnormalities it detects, cancelling out any 'improvements' the MAF will provide.

Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
    Car Details
    bwchiptune's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    x5
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    estate
    Thanks
    you need to get someone who knows what that are doing to have a good look at it before you go wasting money on parts

if you did change the air flow meter use the updated bosch unit,you will also need to check if the ecu has had the software update for this unit,if it has not then when the sw is updated if it is needed it may wipe the remap

but 1st find someone who knows how to check these car and knows about remaps as it will save you a lot of time and money

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    btccfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    728 and 745
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996 and 2002
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    I think you're expecting a bit much from 20-30bhp!