Model of Car:
    318i sport touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    recently picked up a 330ci, so far as i can see it has a pipercross panel filter and has had the exhaust flap unbolted and removed from the solenoid, it looks like the previous owner spilled a few litres of oil in the boot so most of the car interior has a metalic oilly smell, for this reason i have decided to lose a bit of weight from the car, removing the boot trims, cd changer etc, is it possible to remove the exhausts solenoid/valve assembly without too much hassle? i am also looking at any power increasing mods for the car but there does not seem to really be much worth doing from my research, the general consensus seems to be that bmw squeezed most of the na power from the engine! i am reluctant to get the car remapped as with the couple of mods it already has i fear this may have already been done anyway! i also have a 2005 318i touring which is my main car, the 330i is just a bit of a toy so i don't care too much for luxuries on it! from my workings it wouldn't take that much weight saving to be knocking on the door of standard e46 m3 performance? IMG_2578.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

rm1
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    rm1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    i don't see that you are going to get near e46 m3 performance as they are 343 bhp but weight saving is a good plan as these are heavy old beasts. Best nods are handling ones in my opinion.

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    izzy_007's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    i doubt you will see much difference tbh. well you could strip out all the seats and trims which may take of some kgs but thats like me removing my sound system from the car which hardly makes a noticeable difference. youd need to lose like around 70kg plus to notice something as the only time i notice a difference in acceleration is when i hav3 another passenger which makes it seem slightly slower than just me in the car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    330ise's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330i SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    As above I'd go with handling modifications only as it sounds like the common stuff had already been done on yours.

I've got standard shocks but I changed the springs for Eibach Pro's and put some thicker anti roll bars on it and a strut brace and it's like a different car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rm1
    Dr of BMW
    Car Details
    rm1's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    these need uprated arb's in my opinion they transformed mine.

Banned
    Car Details
    djbrady's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i sport touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    touring

Thanks
    to be honest the ride feels pretty harsh on the car at the minute, i read somewhere that the coupes have firmed up suspension compared to sedans and tourers? the guy i bought the car off said it had just had poly bushes as well, i can really feel the road surface through the steering wheel. So far i have rermoved all of the boot trims, the mounting rack for the optional extras (mine had the cd changer which i have now put on ebay) i have also ordered some tyre weld type sealant so i can remove the spare wheel, i am not 100% confident about having tyre weld instead of a spare wheel as i have bent an alloy before on a pothole many years ago, however the car will only be used for short journeys/blasts as the 318 touring is my load lugger