I've had my 330Ci auto for a few months now. I was going to buy a Jag X type 3 litre, but my dad (BMW coupe owner and general Bimmer convert) persuaded me to try a BMW coupe, and I'm glad I took his advice.
I love the car to bits - it has plenty of poke (for a car, that is)*, and the handling is fantastic but I think it could do with a bit more power, and I also find the throttle response is a bit wooly. Hence, I'm now looking for some basic tuning advice please.
Here's my aims and requirements:
1. A bit more power and a crisper throttle response:
- Remap? - Who does the best kit? Prices? Pros/cons? What sort of gains can I expect and whereabouts in the rev range? Can anyone post dyno graphs of remapped cars please?
- Induction kit - Again? Which kit? Prices? Gains.....Etc?
2. A bit more noise:
- I've read a bit about removing the back box. I don't have facilities to do this myself. Please can someone recommend me a workshop in or near London to do the work?
- Before I do any tuning work, I want to have the car serviced. Again, please can someone recommend a workshop in or near London who could do this at a decent price, and preferably do the backbox removal at the same time.
4. Any other ideas for cheap tuning cheats?
- One of the best I've ever come across was when I had a Kawasaki Z750 and I got an extra 7BHP just by chopping the lid off the airbox! Is there anything on the 330Ci that can be chopped, unplugged or jammed open that releases a bit more power or responsiveness? That's the sort of thing I'm talking about....
Thanks in advance.
* I also own motorbikes (Ducati 748R and a Honda Hornet), both of which are 3 second 0 - 60 machines, so TBH, most cars seem a little bit sluggish in comparison!