BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2000 e46 323ci, how do you make your side lights come on when you unlock car?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  wolvesdug 
#1 ·
seen it a few times whan an e46 is unlocked the side lights illuminate, do you have to get it programmed? or how does it work?

#3 ·
good question ? seen it a few times, not just on the bmw's but the likes of vw's and audi's, and want my 5 series to do the same, wait to see if you get any replys on here first as i am going to keep an eye on it too, otherwise an auto electrician with average knowledge should be able to sort if for you.

#5 ·
Hey mate, I dont think this is possible on the e46.
what I do know is that when you take the ignition out of your car, if you flash the main beam stalk twice then the headlights come on for like 30 seconds and then go off! I read about it, tried it on mine and it works!

#7 ·
Just found this

http://www.gyrosmafia.de/cms/upload/pdfs/Komfort/Fahrkomfort/Diverse/Key_Memory_BMW.pdf

External Lights Pathway Lighting (“home” lights)
not active 40 seconds 90 seconds 150 seconds 240 seconds
When the ignition is turned off, and high beams switch is activated momentarily (high beams “flash”), the driving lights are turned on for 40 seconds (if active). The time duration is programmable for 40/90/150/240 seconds on E38, E39 and E53 only
3,5,7,z8,x5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.