2000 323ci e46, passed mot today!, time to think again of future mods! - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: 2000 323ci e46, passed mot today!, time to think again of future mods!

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1.  
    #11
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Paddy2bsure's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    9-5 Aero 2.3T
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Paddy2bsure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,605
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked 676 Times in 517 Posts
    Well done Mark. Brakes wise, a pair of grooved Red Dot Racing discs (might be the same as Tarox?) & Ferodo DS2500 pads will stop your car as well as the 325mm EBC's I have on my 330i. Braided hoses, and some proper brake fluid first of all though

    Then the 328i engine conversion. You could drop this straight in & do nothing to the ECU & it would work. Then swap the ECU & EWS at your leisure. Get an induction kit after that, and you're good to go for a bit
    E46 330i Touring (Sold)
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    Bimmer Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1,817
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 5,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTech View Post
    IIRC forum vendors CRN Products can supply these hoses, wonder if they'll do a Group Buy?
    I remember Nigel did mention that to me when I spoke to him on the phone. Post a thread in his section Simon
     
     

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to xXNealXx For This Useful Post:

    SlowTech (24-03-2010)

  5.  
    #13
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    baderlfc's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2004
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    hatchback
    baderlfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cwmbran, south wales
    Posts
    2,312
    Thanks
    469
    Thanked 670 Times in 593 Posts
    if there's a group buy going on for braided hoses i'm in.. my brake lines are on there last legs!!
    E46 325ti Sport
    Lowered 50/40 on Weitec springs
    18" staggered BBS RS-GTs

    Pioneer MVH-8200
    Focal Polyglass 5.25" 130VB components
    Alpine MRP-M650 Monoblock with Alpine Type R 10"
     
     

  6.  
    #14
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Egon's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323SE
    Year of Manufacture:
    2000
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Kent, England
    Posts
    691
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 127 Times in 94 Posts
    Nice one VF!
    Braided hoses were always the first thing i ever did on any of my bikes. Cant beat them!
    You looking at teh M3 quick rack then? Did you ever sort out your wandery steering?

    As for the Detuned engine comment earlier, get it rolling roaded mate, you might be surprised...Mine chucked out 181bhp and 182lb/ft with no mods....
     
     

  7.  
    #15
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    SlowTech's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2003
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    SlowTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    7,043
    Thanks
    3,720
    Thanked 3,798 Times in 3,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baderlfc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NealP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowTech View Post
    IIRC forum vendors CRN Products can supply these hoses, wonder if they'll do a Group Buy?
    I remember Nigel did mention that to me when I spoke to him on the phone. Post a thread in his section Simon
    if there's a group buy going on for braided hoses i'm in.. my brake lines are on there last legs!!
    Not meaning to hijack the thread vauxfan but I've just posted this question in the CRN section, keep an eye for the thread hopefully progressing?
     
     

  8.  
    #16
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    LiLoCollinsy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325ti compact
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Hatchback
    LiLoCollinsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Weston-Super-Mare
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked 300 Times in 219 Posts
    I've not long put Goodridge Braided Hoses on my E46 Compact and i love them

    Pedal feel is much better, completely solid under heavy braking
    E46 325ti Compact
    Lowered On Coilovers
    Powerflex Bushes
    Staggered 19" BBS LM's Wrapped In Falken F452's
    Eibach Pro Spacers
    EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs
    Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Z Rated Pads
    Goodridge Brake Lines
    Dipped Beam HID's
    Dipped & Main Beam CCFL's
    Phillips Main Beam Rally Bulbs
    PIAA Silicone Wipers
    BMC CDA Carbon Fiber Intake
    JVC VX-220 Multimedia Headunit
    Kenwood DSP 4 Channel Amp Stealth Mounted
    Alpine 5.25" Type X Components Mounted In Custom Pods
     
     

  9.  
    #17
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    vauxfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    york
    Posts
    2,433
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked 746 Times in 583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy2bsure View Post
    Well done Mark. Brakes wise, a pair of grooved Red Dot Racing discs (might be the same as Tarox?) & Ferodo DS2500 pads will stop your car as well as the 325mm EBC's I have on my 330i. Braided hoses, and some proper brake fluid first of all though

    Then the 328i engine conversion. You could drop this straight in & do nothing to the ECU & it would work. Then swap the ECU & EWS at your leisure. Get an induction kit after that, and you're good to go for a bit
    was told all you have to do is get the ecureflashed with the 2.8 software, thats what makes it so apealing! no need to swap out the dme as been told it will not work! due to all the ews stuff.

    ps still awaiting the fitment of your rack
     
     

  10.  
    #18
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    vauxfan's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325 sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    automatic
    Car Body Type:
    loon
    vauxfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    york
    Posts
    2,433
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked 746 Times in 583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    Nice one VF!
    Braided hoses were always the first thing i ever did on any of my bikes. Cant beat them!
    You looking at teh M3 quick rack then? Did you ever sort out your wandery steering?

    As for the Detuned engine comment earlier, get it rolling roaded mate, you might be surprised...Mine chucked out 181bhp and 182lb/ft with no mods....
    been told that the rack isn't the best!

    was told pre 2000 are the best, then post 2003, but compact racks are supposed to be less turns lock to lock.
     
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts