none as of yet!
    Year of Manufacture:
    none
    Transmission Type:
    none
    Car Body Type:
    will be a coupe

Thanks
    Im new to the site and thought i should start by saying hi! Im 22 this month and have decided im going to treat my self to a new car, well secondhand a 2000/2003 BMW 330ci E46. I have previously owned a E36 325i, but didnt have it long untill it needed to be taken away, long story. My last toy was a Vectra gsi, now there pretty esy to tune up, Cams throttle body, induction, ECU re-map, fly wheel and so on. Whats the Fast easy and more to the point, basic upgrades for a 330ci for more power? Any tips or advice is welcome. Thanks for reading, i look forward to your comments

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BFuk Moderator
    Car Details
    Martyn D.'s Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330 ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,484 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Firstly welcome to the forum....
    Theres very little you can do to the 330...a re-map will increase drivability and give greater torque at lower revs, thats about it, the standard exhaust is pretty good, an induction kit will give you more of a roar sound but do very little else.
    Just out of interest have you had an insurance quotes?... i'd imagine its not going to be cheap!

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    benelias's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    none as of yet!
    Year of Manufacture:
    none
    Transmission Type:
    none
    Car Body Type:
    will be a coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn D. View Post
    Firstly welcome to the forum....
    Theres very little you can do to the 330...a re-map will increase drivability and give greater torque at lower revs, thats about it, the standard exhaust is pretty good, an induction kit will give you more of a roar sound but do very little else.
    Just out of interest have you had an insurance quotes?... i'd imagine its not going to be cheap!
    Thanks man

Yeah had a few, its not cheap but i used to work in the insurance biz so i know a trick or 2 to help reduce it. If i smash it ill have a job getting paid out lol. Shame, as its a flat 6 i would imagine the cams and throtle body could be increased but like i say, gimme a vauxhal and im all over it, bmws are strange new world for me, for now lol. Just bit of a power freak lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    How about a remap matey? I'm in Cliffe so probably 5 mins away from you.
    I'll PROMISE you, you'll be happy with the outcome.
    Number is on my signature if you'd like to give me a call.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    benelias's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    none as of yet!
    Year of Manufacture:
    none
    Transmission Type:
    none
    Car Body Type:
    will be a coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by APtuning View Post
    How about a remap matey? I'm in Cliffe so probably 5 mins away from you.
    I'll PROMISE you, you'll be happy with the outcome.
    Number is on my signature if you'd like to give me a call.
    Nice one, i dont actually have the car, and im really piccy about cars and am looking for a bargin so might be a while but ill deffo give you a call when i have it. What would i be looking at in terms of power increase and price?

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    Bonse's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    730D M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Auto/Semi-Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    get a loan out and supercharge it

2006 E65 730d Sport - 2011 E93 325d Sport Convertible

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    well as you're a bimmerforums member you will get a members. You'll have to contact me when you're ready to have the remap so I can give you the best price I can.

With a remap on a normally aspirated engine you will never get great gains unlike a turbo vehicle. BUT! with adjustment of the correct parameters within the map we have made gains that are actually worth while paying for, so we can get 18bhp and 22Nm torque (approx). The main real benefits are that you get better throttle response and the power delivery from is from lower in the rev range to higher up the range. The power keeps coming basically. Flat spots are a thing of the past. The car will generally feel much easier to drive.
    Look forward to hopefully meeting you at a later date when you have your new car. Do yourself a little favour though and take a look at 330D's. More tuning potential and I have found they have been cheaper to insure (for me anyway) and we can even get you better MPG! Just thought I'd point that out to you as one of my previous customers had a 330ci clubsport he'd recently purchased, and after taking out the E46 330D I had at the time, he thought that maybe he'd made the wrong choice in car. So do look around.

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    benelias's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    none as of yet!
    Year of Manufacture:
    none
    Transmission Type:
    none
    Car Body Type:
    will be a coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonse View Post
    get a loan out and supercharge it
    Ha ha yeah i wish. It has crossed my mind as im sure it has everyones but its just too expensive to do, thanks though lol

Quote Originally Posted by APtuning View Post
    well as you're a bimmerforums member you will get a members. You'll have to contact me when you're ready to have the remap so I can give you the best price I can.

With a remap on a normally aspirated engine you will never get great gains unlike a turbo vehicle. BUT! with adjustment of the correct parameters within the map we have made gains that are actually worth while paying for, so we can get 18bhp and 22Nm torque (approx). The main real benefits are that you get better throttle response and the power delivery from is from lower in the rev range to higher up the range. The power keeps coming basically. Flat spots are a thing of the past. The car will generally feel much easier to drive.
    Look forward to hopefully meeting you at a later date when you have your new car. Do yourself a little favour though and take a look at 330D's. More tuning potential and I have found they have been cheaper to insure (for me anyway) and we can even get you better MPG! Just thought I'd point that out to you as one of my previous customers had a 330ci clubsport he'd recently purchased, and after taking out the E46 330D I had at the time, he thought that maybe he'd made the wrong choice in car. So do look around.

Nice one. Yeah i did think about the D but decided against the devils fuel. The car is really a toy and ocasional family use, so mpg doesnt really bother me, and ill bite the bullet on the insurance it think. But yeah sounds good as far as the remap goes, ill deffo be in touch as your very close. Thanks

BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    APtuning's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e46 330D sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    good luck on the hunt then, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you but make sure you do a hpi check on the spot in front of the car and the documents.
    Hate to see anyone get shafted by the scum that is out there. Nearly had it happen to myself once with a car dealer!

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Cammy's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318Is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Best doing a remap after exhaust and air filter for BEST gains.

Milltech system (I love these, should have kept mine..) and a enclosed induction, give it a amazing sound, quiet at low revs, headturning when throttle is given

my milltech was quiet, and as soon as you hit the powerband in that car (3,250) it sounded like a Porsche! (this wasn't a BMW though lol) turned so many heads because it changed tones
    318is M3 Rep project with some extra power : M3 LTW's, M-tec boot badge, rear window spoiler, Black kidney grills, smoiked fogs and indicators

Still to get: BBTB, Catback magnex, Decat, Apex RDX coilovers, M3 mirrors, H.I.D's, Remap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast