Model of Car:
    AC Scnitzer ACS3 3.2
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    Thanks
    Hello, i have a 1999 E46 328i SE engine that has undergone a full AC Schnitzer engine conversion and now has 265 bhp which is great, however i would like a little more. It is basically a thoroughly reworked m52 engine with a new block, forged crankshaft, high performance pistons and a specially machined head equipped with uprated cams, does anyone know how or who could get me to about 300 bhp without taking it back to germany ? I have thought about part ex with an M3 but to be blunt they are common cars on the road and schnitzer S3's are not, not to mention the rest of the mods the car already has.

Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by uglee5; 24-04-2009 at 21:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uglee5 View Post
    Hello, i have a 1999 E46 328i SE engine that has undergone a full AC Schnitzer engine conversion and now has 265 bhp which is great, however i would like a little more. It is basically a thoroughly reworked m52 engine with a new block, forged crankshaft, high performance pistons and a specially machined head equipped with uprated cams, does anyone know how or who could get me to about 300 bhp without taking it back to germany ? I have thought about part ex with an M3 but to be blunt they are common cars on the road and schnitzer S3's are not, not to mention the rest of the mods the car already has.

Any help would be appreciated

The only way I can think of realistically without an engine swap....(eg/ swap and S54b32 engine into the car or pay someone to do it) is to use forced induction...

A turbocharger setup will be prohibitively expensive... but a supercharger kit is not as expensive...

Still about £4k though!!!!

S54B32 engine swap, while keeping your AC schnitzer uniqueness, would run to about £2500-£3000 including labour...

pm me for info on someone who will do the swap if you need info for going this route