BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1998 E36 M3 Evo Hamann motor sport carbon air intake

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  powerofm 
#1 ·
When i brought my 1998 e36 m3 evo it came with a Hamann motorsport air intake in carbon fiber witch having herd of this company looked impressive.

But there is a different air filter on the end looks like it was bodged on?
Have searched the web but can find nothing?

I have taken some pics don't know how to upload tho.

any ideas?

Thanks Dave

#7 ·
Very nice, I'm assuming that is a genuine one, right? if so, this is the first time i have seen it on a UK car. Also, if genuine, it will be very good quality as Hamann aren't your everyday small time tuner!!:thumbsup

I would take that to a tuner eg Evolve/Evo-s or any other good one that is near to you and have that remapped without the MAF and new filter at the end of it. That will give you some good gains and awesome pickup/acceleration. With the MAF its just about the sound with very little power gains.

You could also find out if they can put a filter inside that carbon plenum similar to the E46 CSL, that will have a much larger surface area so will take in a lot more air.

keep us posted, I really want to see how that runs and power gains if you do decide to go mafless.

All the best mate:thumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.