1998 E36 323 Time for a new mod,but what one 1st ?? - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: 1998 E36 323 Time for a new mod,but what one 1st ??

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1.  
    #11
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    paul1984's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ise
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    paul1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    redditch
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snypa-D View Post
    I think its defo the direction im going 1st. Although ive heard a dyno test and set up is better than a remap (got told this by a 323 owner that does remaps?) is this the case ??
    all iv got on mine is a remap and k&n and my car is fasta than most 328 ?
    POWER NOT POLISH
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    TheEnd's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    540
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    Auto
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    TheEnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    8,979
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 2,440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snypa-D View Post
    I think its defo the direction im going 1st. Although ive heard a dyno test and set up is better than a remap (got told this by a 323 owner that does remaps?) is this the case ??
    Yes to a degree, but the ECU works on airflow signals and corresponding tables so can account for any extra air without any problems.

    A full dyno tune will optimise everything, but the cost would increase quite a lot for the custom work, and the increases will be very small.
     
     

  4.  
    #13
    Guest
    Car Details
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdane36323's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    midlands
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 116 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1984 View Post
    all iv got on mine is a remap and k&n and my car is fasta than most 328 ?
    Are you sure? Not denying that it is but bare in mind that your car probably had between 160-170 bhp before you remapped it due to them not coming out of the factory with said 170bhp and the engine losing power over the years.

    A NA remap giving you the best of 8-12bhp taking it to a maybe maximum of 180bhp, the CAI doesnt really give you any power or torque ( maybe 1 pony )

    The 328i from stock has 193 BHP and a bit more torque than the 323i from what I can remember.

    If it is faster though

    I have a 1998 E36 323i with

    APTuning remap
    M50 intake manifold
    K&N 57i Gen ii CAI
    Stainless exhaust manifold and Scorpion DTM back box.

    Dyno proven 197.4BHP but I am going back in time due to a faulty cat.
     
     

  5.  
    #14
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Snypa-D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe'
    Snypa-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The hood !!
    Posts
    70
    Images
    2
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Im still no wiser about the exhaust/tune up tho.....328 system/323 s/steel decat or 328 s/steel decat ??
    And is a dyno better to do or a remap ??

    Soz to be a pain an keep askin,gettin lots of conflicin advice from all over.....but the bbtb an m50 manifold is def the 1st to go on
    ======= PLEASE CHECK OUT MY ALBUM FOR LATEST PICS ======

    =========== "Dont hate the player,hate the game, ==========
    cos if you could do what I do,as good as I do it,youd be doin it too!"
     
     

  6.  
    #15
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    paul1984's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323ise
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    paul1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    redditch
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dane36323 View Post
    Are you sure? Not denying that it is but bare in mind that your car probably had between 160-170 bhp before you remapped it due to them not coming out of the factory with said 170bhp and the engine losing power over the years.

    A NA remap giving you the best of 8-12bhp taking it to a maybe maximum of 180bhp, the CAI doesnt really give you any power or torque ( maybe 1 pony )

    The 328i from stock has 193 BHP and a bit more torque than the 323i from what I can remember.

    If it is faster though

    I have a 1998 E36 323i with

    APTuning remap
    M50 intake manifold
    K&N 57i Gen ii CAI
    Stainless exhaust manifold and Scorpion DTM back box.

    Dyno proven 197.4BHP but I am going back in time due to a faulty cat.
    iv not had it dynod but wen it was chipt thay told me ill be lookin at 193hp and thats what a 328 is but with 100.000mils onit it cud of lost some by now but wen i got it it had full bmw S/H up to 89.000miles . i went to santapod last week my best time was 15.6. 2 up cheep tyers and ful tank of vpower and i think i cud get it down to a 15.3 .ther was a 328 ther his best was a 15.9 ?
    POWER NOT POLISH
     
     

  7.  
    #16
    Guest
    Car Details
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdane36323's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    midlands
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 116 Times in 98 Posts
    ^^^^

    Nice one

    It may have been that you are a better driver too? Thats some chip if they qouted that, still sounds quick either way from your respectable time.
     
     

  8.  
    #17
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Onedesi's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    2005
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Convertible

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Black country
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 115 Times in 77 Posts
    I was thinking of doing the M50 manifold change, how many extra horses will that give you (no idea how much it will cost to do though)
     
     

  9.  
    #18
    Guest
    Car Details
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdane36323's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    e36 323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    midlands
    Posts
    457
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 116 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onedesi View Post
    I was thinking of doing the M50 manifold change, how many extra horses will that give you (no idea how much it will cost to do though)
    Power increase varies on other mods but alone it should yield 10-20bhp.

    Price varies loads too but the most important thing is to get the correct M50 Manifold, lots of info on here to help

    You can make the fitting kit yourself, buy one or there is a member on here that does the whole lot but I cant remember his full user name??? Alpina...
     
     

  10.  
    #19
    BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Snypa-D's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe'
    Snypa-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The hood !!
    Posts
    70
    Images
    2
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
    Alpina527 ......
    Ive got all the info in a PM if anybody wants it,just PM me
    Last edited by Snypa-D; 05-04-2011 at 00:37.
    ======= PLEASE CHECK OUT MY ALBUM FOR LATEST PICS ======

    =========== "Dont hate the player,hate the game, ==========
    cos if you could do what I do,as good as I do it,youd be doin it too!"
     
     

  11.  
    #20
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    alpina527's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dane36323 View Post
    Power increase varies on other mods but alone it should yield 10-20bhp.

    Price varies loads too but the most important thing is to get the correct M50 Manifold, lots of info on here to help

    You can make the fitting kit yourself, buy one or there is a member on here that does the whole lot but I cant remember his full user name??? Alpina...
    That's me.
     
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts