BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 E36 328i - induction kit heatshield

Tags
heatsheld
42K views 219 replies 66 participants last post by  gunner1 
#1 ·
hi just made heatsheld for induction kit anyone know what i can use to reflect heat on outside and what can i use inside to line it here are some pictures
ps got to paint bracket
bill

See less See more
#203 ·
you dont need the heat shield cus the air filter is in the wrong place to start with i have spend a whole day on a dyno tray diff lenghs of pipe n the end remove the front fog lamp and fitted the filter behnd it so you can use a longer pipe by movingin the filter from were you have it to behind the fog lamp gives 10bhp more that were you have it try it and you will see for your self

#205 ·
the bottom is covered the only air that comes in in thro were the fog lamp was its places just above it trust me its works great the 328 engine works better long ram and for 10bhp that alot for just making the intake longer had mine there fo 1 year no pebbles works great had no probs

#209 ·
have not got pic mate its easy tho to do i used a fexi pipe i was ment to make a new one up about of alu but have not as yet adding the the engine loves the extra length having the fillter in the engine bay behind the head light is makes the pipe work to short you could plumb the filter some were else also as you have that lenght i will get a tape the messure lenght from throttle body to filter so you know how long its should be i only found this out from dyno test but its 10bhp witch is a lot

#210 ·
random question for you bill now i have a 325 maf on my 4 pot i'm considering different filters etc and just wandered what the difference is? ie if i bought a dave f that was for a 328 would the heat shield fit? as i havent seen any 4 pots with the heatshield

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.