BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 e36 328i - Decat

11K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  E36_turbo 
#1 ·
Helloo,
I am deciding on decating my long discussed car :D , I have spoke to a guy who does it for £160 for both pipes and said he can creat it in a way that it can be easily removed and replaced with the standard cat for MOT if needed.

Does the price sound reasonable? any idea of online shops or....?

On the other hand what are the pros and cons that u would predict, for instance no O2 or lambda sensor in the cat could mean the car will show up a error code. so don't know where to place the lambdas?

I am also not sure about the gain( i think maybe around 20 to 30 HP, sound to much ?) and would it improve mpg?

cheers:thumbsup

#5 ·
Can buy a lambda sleeve to keep your sensor Reading good

#6 ·
what is lambda sleeve?

by the way would removing lamda all together cause an engine light ( i think it does) and cause the engine to run erraticly?

I though the 328 i has 4 lamdas( 2 frontof the cat, 2 past the cat) am i wrong ? I am saying this because on of the comments mention that they are located in the manifold which means there should be 2 of them only for both pipes.

#7 ·
i paid 150 for my decat pipes which are flanged so i can fit them back.the exhaust specalist commented that he would of charged more if hed realised how much of a bugger to get the flanges right.top job tho ive had them in a couple of years and you will fail an mot with them in, i tried and failed:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.