Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Hi there whoever is reading this thread.

I am sorry if this problem with tuning a e36 323 has cropped up before but i just wanted to find out a few things myself for peace of mind

Anyways my 323 engine has covered 138k, i just recently changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and even the coolant has been re newed thanks to a lil help from HAYNES lol

what im tryna put across is i am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to sortin out anything on a car but this my first bimmer i want more power...obviously lol so iv read alot of things about what i can do from the net but i fort its best to hear from ya'll being the experts and i would appreciate any good advice as i am eager to get started on this engine.

so here it goes,

i was thinking of a full system from eisenmann cos i love the noise..anyone know how much that would cost? thanks

constantly...i keep hearing m50 manifold this nd that so i was thinkin one of those with a large throttle body which increases the bhp output to the 325 region. Anybody know of where i can find these nd how much? thanks

for the induction i was thinkin of the K&N typhoon or maybee the VIS from pipercross..but does anybody know of something that is better? i want a better roar than a vr6!

Again iv herd of US m3 cams and also the schrick cams..what would you recommend? and any chance of prices? thanks

And finally a re-map and the only people i have in mind are the B & W chiptune guys i see al the time at the bimmerflex shows.

I also forgot to mention, is there anything i can do to keep that engine running as smoothly as possible because 138k is a lot of mileage and i wanna keep the engine running as long as possible (im sorry to doubt a bimmer engine but like i said peace of mind).

Thank you for taking the time to read this i know its a lot but again i appreciate all the advice.

Perry Singh

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Mr_Loverman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Loverman View Post
    Hi there whoever is reading this thread.

I am sorry if this problem with tuning a e36 323 has cropped up before but i just wanted to find out a few things myself for peace of mind

Anyways my 323 engine has covered 138k, i just recently changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and even the coolant has been re newed thanks to a lil help from HAYNES lol

what im tryna put across is i am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to sortin out anything on a car but this my first bimmer i want more power...obviously lol so iv read alot of things about what i can do from the net but i fort its best to hear from ya'll being the experts and i would appreciate any good advice as i am eager to get started on this engine.

so here it goes,

i was thinking of a full system from eisenmann cos i love the noise..anyone know how much that would cost? thanks

constantly...i keep hearing m50 manifold this nd that so i was thinkin one of those with a large throttle body which increases the bhp output to the 325 region. Anybody know of where i can find these nd how much? thanks

for the induction i was thinkin of the K&N typhoon or maybee the VIS from pipercross..but does anybody know of something that is better? i want a better roar than a vr6!

Again iv herd of US m3 cams and also the schrick cams..what would you recommend? and any chance of prices? thanks

And finally a re-map and the only people i have in mind are the B & W chiptune guys i see al the time at the bimmerflex shows.

I also forgot to mention, is there anything i can do to keep that engine running as smoothly as possible because 138k is a lot of mileage and i wanna keep the engine running as long as possible (im sorry to doubt a bimmer engine but like i said peace of mind).

Thank you for taking the time to read this i know its a lot but again i appreciate all the advice.

Perry Singh
    Oh i almost forgot, how do i tell if the VANOS dosnt work because with a m3 3.2 evo in the family the vanos went after 65000k! anyone know how to refurb these or what to do with them?

And now the final final thing..sorry..does anyone know where i can buy an LSD for my bimmer..which one to buy and much much i should expect to pay?

again thanks alot people

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,734 Posts
    M3 LSD will fit and will change the gearing from 2.93 to 3.15, alternatively get an LSD off an early 328 sport. They cost around £300.

Vanos, usually rattles when gone. If you listen in the engine bay and rev it, it should click over at about 2500-3k RPM. A diag will also show the fault.

Manifold, either do it yourself or buy a preconverted one. They pop up in the For Sale section occasionally

Cams - US M3 ones are about £300 and then you need to import them! Be careful as they have the same markings as the 325 cams. Alternatively get a fresh set built to your own specifications from Cat Cams - about £300 per cam! It's what I would do as the US M3 cams are still quite mild.

Air filter's were covered well in another thread recently 323i e36 induction kit

Exhaust, fit a twin-pipe 328 sports exhaust.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian S For This Useful Post:

Mr_Loverman (25-12-2008)

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Have you tried the search function as this has come up numerous times before with 325is etc which are the same essentially.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boostist For This Useful Post:

Mr_Loverman (25-12-2008)

RYM
    Legendary BFuk Member
    Car Details
    RYM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325tds
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Touring
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,935 Times in 3,119 Posts
    Here we go mate, just in case you didn't catch on to the wink

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...anifold-t6681/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RYM For This Useful Post:

Mr_Loverman (25-12-2008)

Bimmerforums Central
    Car Details
    Boostist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E46 320i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,481 Posts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boostist For This Useful Post:

Mr_Loverman (25-12-2008)

Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    Mr_Loverman's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    thanks alot guys...youve all given me something to think about..much appreciated and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :>