Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hi am wiring a bee r rev limiter into my 323i and I was just looking to know if anyone has done it before on there bmw any help would be fantastic there is five wires on one power one for earth one for the hand break for lunch control and the last two are labeled crankshaft sensor 0 degrees and crankshaft at 120/180 degrees

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    markc001's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    According to Bee-racing:
    Red wire: 12V+
    Black wire: Earth
    Yellow wire: RPM Signal
    Green wire: Ignition signal.

this is what bee r say the wires sould be wired to i have wireing diagrams for the ecu of the 323i there is also a guy on utube that has put one on a 323i but i cant get a reply from him to find out what way he has done it. there seem to be plenty of info for jap scrap online but no help with mine yet

the link is to the video of the guy that has a working one on his 323i

there is also a long video of him testing the lunch control and the different settings of the bee r

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    markc001's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Ok to anyone reading this I think I've figered out how to wire this up am just having trouble finding the crank signal wire at the ecu from looking at autodata wiring diagram it sould be one of these to pins 40 or 83 there a green and brown wire I have put the muti meter on both and can not find a fluctuating signal so if any one knows any better please say thanks. Mark.
    i will do a write up about it once I get it all working

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    markc001's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Ok so I've not had much help with this so far. Anyway with much trial and error i am only starting to get were I need to be so far I have found out that there is no were on the ecu to get an rpm signal for the bee*r to use as it needs a signal that would be going to ur dash. so the only place in the engine bay I can find the signal it can use is from the diagnostic plug as the back right pin puts out the rpm signal so after wiring it in to there and seting the bee r for 2500 rpm. I reved it up for a test and yes the light for the cut out comes on when it reaches 2500 rpm but still no cut . So that is my next problem after reading various forums for how bee*rs are wired in to other cars with separate coils the closest thing I could find was a subru he split the ignition wire into four for each coil and put a diode in to stop the signal crossing between coils so I have done the same and joined it to the 6 wires at the ecu . As according to drift works the bee r works by earthing the signal going to the coils therefore cuting the spark and then letting it back on when it drops below the rpm limit. So far that dose not work for the bmw so it looks like I may have to go in at the coils as the only other person that has done this says that's were his mechanic wired in his bee r unit he's not the DIY type so he was no help plus he lives in Poland so I can even see his car for a look. Though he did try selling me the engine and all out of his car lol. Anyway anyone else got any tips before I go In to the coils to find out what I need to join this to . Thanks

7. Bee r limiter 
    Bimmer Fan
    Thanks
    Hey, did you ever have any luck installing the bee r limiter?
    I've bought one for my bmw e36 and can not figure out where to wire the green and yellow.
    Any help on this would be much appreciated!
    Reply to my email if it's easier!
    blaketaunton@live.com

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    markc001's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Yes and no I think my bee r may be faulty but I have few more things to try the yellow wire can only use the rpm signal you get from the diagnostic plug I think it is the back right pin if you standing at the front of the car as for green wire this did not work for me but it might for you split It in to six wires and put a 600v diode on each wire with the sliver strip nearest the bee*r unit and wire it to signal wire goin to the coils it will need to be soldered in to get a good signal. Another thing I am going to try is joining the green wire to can signal or the crank signal wire as one of these will give the engine it's spark timing hope that helps a bit let me know how you get on .

9. bee r 
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    andrew2208's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    coupe

Thanks
    Hey lads have Yee any progress with fitting the bee -r ,I'm getting one and gonna try wire it to my n42 in my 318ci 02