BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1997 e36 318is exhaust upgrade??

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  runci101 
#1 ·
The backbox of my exhaust has a hole in it which was sealed by the previous owner as a short term solution. I haven't had any problems with it as of yet but i'm looking to get it replaced in the next month or so.

Was wondering if any of you e36 nuts think i should go for an upgraded backbox or just get a standard replacement. I've seen standard boxes for about £90 on ebay and i know another £90 on top of that would get me a decent backbox. I definitely DON'T want anything noisey! I was thinking just a single exit that would maybe give a bit of a rip in higher revs. Any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. Cheers in advance :thumbsup

#2 ·
I'm biased so I would say go for a Scorpion cat back system:D

This is what I had when I had my 318is and I loved it:cool

I always get concerned when people that they would like a sports exhaust but don't want it to be noisy though because 1) It will be louder and 2) It's impossible to know what somebody else's definition of "noisy" is???

:thumbsup

#4 ·
Nice one how much did you pay for your Scorpion system?

Well for example i had a peco exhaust on a clio (i know bad idea but i was young!) previously and made a constant loud noise even with normal driving. I really don't want to go back to getting a headache everytime i take the car on the motorway. :D

The exhaust on an e36 m3 is fairly quiet with normal driving however when opened up gives a very nice rip and that pretty much what i'm after :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.