1998/2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    VERT/SALOON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofm View Post
    No probs mate.

I've wasted so much money over the years so just have to advise when i can so others don't, coz it's not a nice feeling when you spend all that money and are let down by the item not being what you hoped.

The carbon aibox is more about the noise and throttle reponse than just the power gain. Evolve's remap's are so good now that they make similar power to what you would have got with carbon airbox or cams in past years. You're on cutters right? check out Dino and TheTL's journals in members rides, they ahve dyno graphs etc fter their remaps. The vanos profile remapping they do has really taken their maps to another level. If you want intake noise and power i would just look out for a simota or gruppe m or make a heatshield and fit a large K&N cone, then get a remap. Job done!
    ill check them out on cutters as im not sure what more i can do to mine keeping it na ive had it live remapped dastek/unichip piggyback and im running 337.6 bhp and 289 torques.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 TIM View Post
    ill check them out on cutters as im not sure what more i can do to mine keeping it na ive had it live remapped dastek/unichip piggyback and im running 337.6 bhp and 289 torques.

ah, so remapped on a uni-q already . Have you had maf delete or are you running with it? Would you if there is any benefit in deleting the MAF if you don't have a carbon airbox?

Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    M3 TIM's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 evo cab/ e39 M5
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998/2001
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    VERT/SALOON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofm View Post
    ah, so remapped on a uni-q already . Have you had maf delete or are you running with it? Would you if there is any benefit in deleting the MAF if you don't have a carbon airbox?
    im running with the maf like you said no point deleting unless i get a carbon airbox.

BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    powerofm's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3 Evo
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    saloon
    Thanks
    What you could try if you have the standard airbox is modifying the intake snorkel.

At the front of the airbox you have the snorkel right, it goes to the kidney grille area, well if you have a look at it again you'll see that the other end is a cylender type shape and goes to the brake duct but is blanked off (on the 3.0L it actually sits int he brake duct and direct ari up into the aribox). Cut a bit off the end of the snorkel so it is open, make a hole in your brake duct (the outline is moulded into the brake duct from factory), get a flexible hose about 3-3.5" diameter and poke it through th ebrake duct with the other end fixed onto the snorkel, this will direct even more cold air into the airbox and definately keep temps down on long runs so the power delivery will always be consistent no matter how hot the temperatures outside or inside the engine bay.

I did this with a ITG panel filter before i had my induction kit and it made a difference to the pick up, it felt more perkier and revved better. Oh and put wire mesh on the hose in the brake duct side otherwise you'll end up with leaves and sht in your airbox!

hth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12