1996 E36 328i M50 manifold - Page 2

Notices
 

Thread: 1996 E36 328i M50 manifold

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1.  
    #11
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Daler69's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Daler69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East anglia
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 216 Times in 171 Posts
    Woop woop My friend is giving me a 325 TB on monday so ill throw it on and see how it goes
     
     

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3.  
    #12
    Platinum BFuk Member
    Car Details
    mikaveli's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    535i Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    1998
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Saloon
    mikaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    588
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 229 Times in 162 Posts
    IIRC Alpina527 fits a BBTB when he does the conversions - apparently it's not really worth the effort to do one without the other. It's 3mm bigger (off an e34?).

    Couple the manifold with a decent chip and you should have 25bhp on top of your mate with no real low-end loss.
    "So give me one more platinum plaque and rap, you can have it back." - Dr Dre

    Spinnin' on digital 22's!
     
     

  4.  
    #13
    BMW Maestro
    Car Details
    jay_mz89's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    323i Coupe
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    jay_mz89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lythan St Annes
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    what's the best way to increase lower end power then, cos I feel that is where it would be most useful on every day driving??
    Cheers, Jay

    Siamoto copy air filter + cold air feed, 328 exhaust, 12" steering wheel,
    17" BBS Alloys, strut brace, lowered on Raceland coilovers
    Olypus HU CD Radio USB AUX SD card, Alpine rear 6x9's, Sony front 5.25's, Phoenix Gold 10" sub + SPLX Amp,
    Projector indicators, 6k angel eyes, 4300k dipped beam, SMD 3rd brake light, smoked repeaters and tail lights, SMD number plate bulbs, SMD courtesy lights
     
     

  5.  
    #14
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    alpina527's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaveli View Post
    IIRC Alpina527 fits a BBTB when he does the conversions - apparently it's not really worth the effort to do one without the other. It's 3mm bigger (off an e34?).

    Couple the manifold with a decent chip and you should have 25bhp on top of your mate with no real low-end loss.
    My kit comes with a properly re machined 328 body that has been increased in diameter and gas flowed. It's not from another model. The M50 2.5 body is of no use whatsoever. It's exactly the same diameter as the 328 body and also has the wrong shaped bore to suit the mapping.

    The manifold part of the conversion uses the same intake sensor, oil recircultion valve etc without the use of any silicone, T pieces, Tie wraps etc. It fits in exactly the same way as the existing m52.

    Here is a pic of the standard manifold items.



    Here is my converted manifold with everything in exactly the same place.



    It's up to the individual how he does it but this kit is plug and play with no leaks and a factory fit.
     
     

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpina527 For This Useful Post:

    mikaveli (07-02-2011),xXxStKxXx (06-02-2011)

  7.  
    #15
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Daler69's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Daler69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East anglia
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 216 Times in 171 Posts
    Had i have known about above post i probably would have gone for that instead but its too late now..

    Only one question tho.. How can the M50 manifold be useless? The bores that mate with the engine are much bigger than the M52 and the M50s 6 legs are wider and just as thick as the M52.

    Dale.
     
     

  8.  
    #16
    Bimmer Fan
    Car Details
    xXxStKxXx's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    325i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1993
    Transmission Type:
    man
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    4,432
    Thanked 6,072 Times in 4,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daler69 View Post
    Had i have known about above post i probably would have gone for that instead but its too late now..

    Only one question tho.. How can the M50 manifold be useless? The bores that mate with the engine are much bigger than the M52 and the M50s 6 legs are wider and just as thick as the M52.

    Dale.
    throttlebody not manifold-useless cause its the same size as the 328 one so will make no difference
     
     

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXxStKxXx For This Useful Post:

    alpina527 (07-02-2011),Daler69 (07-02-2011)

  10.  
    #17
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    alpina527's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    M3
    Year of Manufacture:
    2002
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    199
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StK View Post
    throttlebody not manifold-useless cause its the same size as the 328 one so will make no difference
    Yes, thanks for that. It was the body that I was talking about, not the manifold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daler69 View Post
    Had i have known about above post i probably would have gone for that instead but its too late now..

    Dale.
    It's not too late. I can exchange it for one that's already been converted.
     
     

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to alpina527 For This Useful Post:

    Daler69 (07-02-2011)

  12.  
    #18
    BMW Master
    Car Details
    Daler69's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i
    Year of Manufacture:
    1995
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Daler69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East anglia
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 216 Times in 171 Posts
    aaahhhhh ok i see How much would you sting for this then? I have an M50 throttle body un-fitted and an M52 throttle body fitted (Can swap them whilst i wait for yours to arrive if you want the M52 body).
     
     

  13.  
    #19
    BMW Crazed
    Car Details
    Poultergeist's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    328i Touring
    Year of Manufacture:
    1997/1998
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Estate
    Poultergeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post
    My kit comes with a properly re machined 328 body that has been increased in diameter and gas flowed. It's not from another model. The M50 2.5 body is of no use whatsoever. It's exactly the same diameter as the 328 body and also has the wrong shaped bore to suit the mapping.

    The manifold part of the conversion uses the same intake sensor, oil recircultion valve etc without the use of any silicone, T pieces, Tie wraps etc. It fits in exactly the same way as the existing m52.

    It's up to the individual how he does it but this kit is plug and play with no leaks and a factory fit.

    Are there any performance or reliability differences between your way and the diy way?
     
     

  14.  
    #20
    BMW Guru
    Car Details
    jjbbuzz's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318i s m44 + 328i m52
    Year of Manufacture:
    1996 + 1995
    Transmission Type:
    auto
    Car Body Type:
    coupe
    jjbbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    hampshire
    Posts
    1,806
    Thanks
    865
    Thanked 325 Times in 240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB328i View Post
    so are you running the m50 with the throttle body yes, if so you should lose some low end power but gain in the top end, what kit did you use to connect all the pipes?? also you may have an air leak, spray some carb cleaner around the joints and if the revs lift you have leaks
    what joints exactly would you spray??
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LET THE BRIDGES I BURN BEHIND ME, LIGHT MY WAY FORWARD....!
     
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions
  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts