Model of Car:
    318ti
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Compact

Thanks
    OK, i have had my car a year now and havent done much too it. it's a case of not actually getting to do it and not knowing what to do. I have just replaced all the ICE in my car to Pioneer Stereo/Speakers.
    I have also had a custom made ''Powerflow'' Exhaust fitted which sounds amazing, nothing too loud, just a nice low grumble with a great pitch as you go up through the revs.
    But i need to do more to the engine to increase performance and sound. money isn't too much of an issue, however im not looking to spend more than what the car cost me! I've been reading about forced air intakes and turbos etc, but really need some advice!
    once this is done, it also needs a nice new paint job as a lot of the panels have slight scratches.
    so, what do you guys think? what are good upgrades and wheres the best place to buy.
    Any suggestions would be great!
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Car Details
    Ian S's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    E60 530D, 911 C4S, Yaris T Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Loon
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,263 Times in 1,733 Posts
    Really depends if you want to keep the stock engine or not. The cheapest way to get a lot more power would be to drop in a 328 lump.

If you want a lot more power out of the standard engine look at a sc kit which usually take you to around the 200hp mark.

Personally i'd probably call it a day at a remap, LSD and replacement springs and shocks. Spend the rest of the money on track days to make you quicker.

Ian