Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    manual
    Car Body Type:
    sports coupe
    Thanks
    alrighty
    im on the hunt for a stainless steel exhaust for my 318is
    im looking for one that isnt too loud and give a fecking annoying drone when im sat at 60-70 mph
    any recommendations/experiences

while we are on it how does the 318i exhaust differ to the 318is exhaust as there seems to be a bit of a price difference between the 2
    Last edited by disco!!!!; 13-07-2009 at 20:37. Reason: pfft

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    BMW IOW's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    If you want a relativley quiet stainless steel system you want to be looking at supersprint or blue flame. Supersprint is very quiet for a ss system, it's deeper than standard and if you add a nice induction system you get a good roar when you want it but none of the drone. If you don't want loud or drone, stay away from Scorpion, i have one on mine, i love it most of the time but it is very loud and it does drone..... alot !

If you've got some money to burn though go eisenmann, you can pick the noise level (3 levels) to your taste. They aren't cheap though and take a fair while to get to you as they're custom built in Germany. They are the standard system for high end porkers and the mclarens. Excellent system, most rate it as one of the best. But again, very pricey,

Be prepared to pay a fair amount for a 318iS ss system though, cat back the 318iS has one of the most expensive exhaust systems out there, more than the bigger 6 pots except the M3.

A 318i system will not fit a 318iS, they are completely different. They mount in different places and the iS has a 3rd silencer. It runs a resonnator between the cat and the backbox and i think longer cat section.

HTH mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BMW IOW For This Useful Post:

disco!!!! (14-07-2009)

BMW Master
    Car Details
    Zircon's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    318is
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Would you get a better sound from the stock exhaust by removing the center resonator box?

6. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Master
    Car Details
    BMW IOW's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    330Ci
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    To be honest mate, if you want a better sound but want it to stay quiet and not drone - the best thing to do would be to stick with the stock system, put some polished tips on (they're pretty lol) and do one of two things

1. If you want to spend out get a high quality induction kit, a gruppe M rep or daveF. They're not cheap but worth it. You won't get noticable power gains although it free's up the trottle abit. They sound the nuts when you put your foot down, look great but don't get the drone.

This is mine - Simmotta GruppeM rep

2. If you don't want to spend out - open up your air box and rip out the stupid restrictive funnel put the lid back on and you have a mild induction roar when you nail it

3. I know i said two but hey, 3rd option - get a supersprint and a gruppeM rep - awesome.

I think removing the centre box would effect the sound but i'm not sure by how much. Probably minimal.