e36 316i
    Year of Manufacture:
    94/95 (M)
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    saloon

Thanks
    About 6 months ago, a friend asked me if i could give him a lift up north to Manchester from kent to pick up an R32 (Golf). On the way back 125 miles from home my exhaust decided too snap off and sounded like a lancaster bomber ( Yeah I opened all windows closed the vents and drove the car home ) I found the break was at the manifold and the downpipe section where you would bolt the two together :( so i ordered an exhaust from a company called walkers for £96 reasonable i thought until they said it would be an extra £60 if i dont give them the old cat. so takeing the exhaust of and walking it thru the town ,to the centre they gave me an exhaust unlike the one i just gave them, I mean the one i took off was massive chunky i guess original the one i got back was a peice of pipe that looked like the cat had been on a serious diet plan! it was light thin and flimsy. Upon put it on the holes never lined up and the time is getting on to pick the missus up from work :S eventualy i got the damned thing on not without issues but i got it on lets just leave it there for now. Now the damned thing sounds like a tin can and someone doing a raspberry in to it. I went back asking if it should sound like this and they said "YES" until it cokes up. I took there word for it and asked how much a silencer would be "£167!" so i found one down a local scrapyard for a score ) But in generall it still sounds like that lancaster bomber, PLS help. I believe the original exhaust has a front and back silencer? aswell as an overgrown cat ) ...Ive scoured the net for exhausts and to tell you the truth I aint got the foggiest which one to pick for quietness (lol) so if you live near the M25 and you lost sleep cus you thought a plane was landing near you " I am SORRY " ....now that the scrapyard are leaching cats its hard to find a complete system for my car any ideas of which exhaust i should get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    mark@vorny.co.uk's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    911 C2S
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Automatic
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,697 Posts
    Can anybody assist the OP with this one ?
    2013, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, PDK, Sports Exhaust, Chrono, etc, etc

*removed

BFUK weekday crew

PLEASE READ THE POSTING RULES & HOW TO CORRECT THREAD TITLES & THE SELLING RULES