BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1991 E36 325i - SS Exhaust Manifolds

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  sukybm 
#1 ·
Hi all, i have noticed for some time now on fleebay stainless steel manifolds to suit my m50 325 lump, they're constructed of 304 stainless (a fairly average grade in architectural terms, not sure about automotive?), but otherwise don't seem bad, mandrel bent tubing, CNC machined flanges etc, they feature sensor holes and even come with gaskets. For the price of £100 they seem pretty good value too, if i bought them i would install polyurethane engine mounts to reduce engine movement, but the welding looks pretty good to me (see picture).
So what do you think? Has anyone any experience on the matter, i feel they're +15bhp claim is a little optimistic but i am no expert on the matter?
Could i expect any performance gain? Any ideas on their longevity (assuming they're of reasonable quality)? Should sound good though, my old v8 hil-lux had ss mani's and sounded the nuts. :D

#11 ·
That looks like it will go on, it should just bolt to your original front pipes. Just double chaeck with the seller first though..
Just prepare yourself for rusty nuts and studs on the old system..:mad
Cost me £30 from BMW today on manifold studs, nuts, gaskets and Lambda sensor plugs....:frown

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.