Model of Car:
    135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    I have read many posts about a software update being applied to the 135i and the 335i to stop waste gate chatter and as a result of the some turbo lag is produced, mostly in 1st gear pulling away. This apparently is an ongoing issue to which there is no final remedy yet, but some people have had the old program put back on as the car does not drive anywhere near as spirited with the remory fix. Is this a problem in the UK or just for our friends in the US ?

Also in the US there seem to be a lot of problems with fuel pumps failing and an upgade is being put in on a recal. Does this apply to the uk ?

Cheers,

Si

2. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    It's not something I've heard of, I shall keep a eye out though, and if I find anything I will be sure to post it

It appears it's the 1.8 diesels that pumps fail on, the chain driven one, also the petrol 3.5 engines

BMW Guru
    Car Details
    Ronnie's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    See above
    Year of Manufacture:
    Never too old, never too new
    Transmission Type:
    Always manual
    Car Body Type:
    Usually 5 doors
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,051 Times in 5,322 Posts
    From America land

The 2007 bmw 335i vehicles are equipped with a high precision fuel injection system designed to allow precise metering of the fuel mixture and higher engine compression to increase engine and fuel efficiency. The system includes a standard in-tank fuel pump to deliver fuel to the engine and a high-pressure fuel pump driven by the oil pump chain drive assembly, which can achieve a maximum programmed fuel pressure of 200 bar. Odi has received three owner complaints of stalling incidents in the subject vehicles due to failure of the high-pressure fuel pump. Additionally, odi has received eight complaints alleging incidents of vehicles unexpectedly going into a limp mode because of high-pressure fuel pump failures. A preliminary investigation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency and safety consequences of the alleged defect.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BimmerForums.co.uk
    Advertisements

BMW Fanatic
    Car Details
    Si-135i's Car Details
    Model of Car:
    135i M Sport
    Year of Manufacture:
    Transmission Type:
    Manual
    Car Body Type:
    Coupe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    It's not something I've heard of, I shall keep a eye out though, and if I find anything I will be sure to post it

It appears it's the 1.8 diesels that pumps fail on, the chain driven one, also the petrol 3.5 engines
    Thanks for the information, so I wonder if this affects UK cars too.

Did you find about anythning on the Software issue ? I tried the following last night and think mine is a bit laggy:

If if let the car roll along in 1st gear at about 1000rpm with the clutch fully engaged and then floor it, the real power doesn't come in till about 3000 rpm. In 2nd it seems nearer 1800 rpm. if I am at motorway speeds in 6th gear and squeeze the accelerator, there is the "feel" of the turbo winding up so it is not "instant" power but more of a surge.
    135i MSport Coupe: BMW Perf: Upgrade, Exhaust & Quick Shift. C/F Mirrors, Boot Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Front Lip - MS Scoops & Air Filter, BSH OCC - Forge FMIC & DDV’s - Modified Charge Pipe & Air Box - LED Angels - Race Mesh FMIC Grill & Kidney Grills - Advan RZ's - Quaife LSD - GIAC (400 BHP & 415 Ft lbs)