BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

120d Remap/Tune - Midlands

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bwchiptune 
#1 ·
I'm new to the forum and looking into mapping my 120d. I've had past cars mapped and the benefits are huge but having not been on the Bimmer forums before I dont know who's doing what well etc.

I'm in the midlands so any insight into who's worth speaking to would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
2005-2006 120d,320d,520d 163bhp edc16 Ecu can be remapped to 210bhp same using obd connector Text Line Font Pattern Square

2007-2009 120d,320d,520d 177bhp
Edc17 Ecu can be tuned to 225 bhp 2 plug connector
Text Font Technology Square

2007-2008 can be remapped through the obd connector if software has not been up dated to tuner protected
Mid 2008 was the start of tuner protected Ecu these need to be opened ,1 boot wire needs to be connected to the pcb and flashed on the bench if you haven't got the RSA calculator Electronic engineering Electronic component Computer hardware Circuit component Electronics

2010-2011 120d,320d,520d 184bhp can be remapped to 225-230bhp
5 plug connector
These need to be opened and the whole pcb needs to be removed from the case
Watch out who you get to tune/remap these ecu's as many tuning companies don't know how to open them without breaking the pcb multiple layer board tracks or leaving damage marks on the Ecu case or pcb
Price of a new Ecu is £1200 upwards plus programming to car
We open many of these ecu's without doing any damage or marks to the case or pcb for many other tuning company's as they find them too hard to open
it takes us less that 5 mins to open with the right know how

2012 F series 120d,320d,520d have the very latest tuning protection
We are the only company in the uk that can tune these cars
We remap the Ecu without removing and all done by the obd socket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.